The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Author: Mette Ivie HarrisonFormat reviewed: EbookSource: NetgalleyPublisher: Severn HousePublication Date: 31st May 2026Rating: 3 Stars
Ever want to kill your partner? Join the club! Three ex-wives band together to murder their evil husband and wind up in the business of killing the worst of humanity. A darkly humorous suspense, with a heartwarming LGBTQ+ romance, perfect for fans of Elle Cosimano, Joanna Wallace, and Katy Brent.
What do you do when you realize you married a horrible man?
Kill him of course!
For Meg (wife #1), Jenny (#2), and Amelia (#3), the term ‘a woman scorned’ isn’t strong enough. They want more than revenge for the years of their life they wasted with their pitiful excuse for a husband. They want him dead.
As they carry out their lethal plan, they soon realize they’re thinking too small. What about all the other men (and women) who cause immeasurable suffering and get away with it?
Thus ‘the business’ is born. A dazzling new female-owned venture that will change the course of their lives—and shorten many others! And, for Meg and Jenny, it could allow them to experience a love they never thought possible . . .
A laugh out loud, feminist revenge story with horror elements. Readers will be clamoring for more from Mette Ivie Harrison.
If you love a book with disjointed timelines, and chapters that don't necessarily connect together in a fluid narrative manner then you will totally adore this.
Now I enjoyed it, but I was finding each chapter felt more like a mini short story or anecdote in the lives of Meg, Jenny, Amelia and their "business". This is a business that involves death to others, and being paid a fortune for it.
We learn how and why they fall into this line of work, all about so many despicable human beings, that their deaths are not a tragedy at all.
They are a group of smart vengeful women, and this is a story packed full with girl power. If you can get past the fact that one min you are two years into the business, and then the next its 13 years, and then 6 years or so, which is not my preferred method of story telling, then it really is a fun book.
I had absolutely no idea how it would end, and at times I kind of wished I was Meg, or the others, as they are wonderful. There are romantic elements to this in addition to revenge, and some humour too.
This was the first book I've read by this author and I was definitely drawn in by the fabulously bright pink cover.
This was enjoyable, and I was certainly invested in the outcome and seeing just how everything would be resolved.
Thank you to Severn and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.

No comments:
Post a Comment