Friday 15 March 2019

Book Review - The Memory by Lucy Dawson - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Memory
Author: Lucy Dawson
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: 6th December 2018
Rating: 4 Stars


I look down at her, lying fast asleep – always my little girl, and so beautiful. She gives a low moan as her head turns restlessly on the pillow. It reminds me of the soft growl of a cornered animal. Where is my poor child? What is she dreaming?

People always notice my daughter, Isobel. How could they not? Incredibly beautiful... until she speaks.
An unsettling, little-girl voice, exactly like a child’s, but from the mouth of a full-grown woman.
Izzie might look grown-up, but inside she’s trapped. Caught in the day it happened – the day that broke her from within.

I know why my daughter is the way she is. There’s nothing I could have done to save her... is there?

I was immediately intrigued from the opening chapters about this book and I found the last quarter flew past in a series of compulsive to read words. 

It did to me lag in the middle a bit, as I really wasn't sure what was going on, and it was starting to feel a bit too supernatural for my tastes. 

I wasn't really sure where the story was going at times, but really glad that I continued reading as it all made a lot of sense in the end. 

I found that I didn't really connect with the characters that much, and although they had all been through horrible things, the only person I really liked was Adam.

It was a good book, it just wasn't my favourite by far from this author. I look forward to the next one with interest.

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...