Wednesday 17 February 2021

Book Review - Coming For You by Deborah Rogers

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Coming For You
Author: Deborah Rogers
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Lawson Publishing
Publication Date: 22nd June 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

A brutal crime. A traumatized mind. A victim no one believes…

Successful New York prosecutor Amelia Kellaway is hiding a secret. Still deeply traumatized by a kidnapping incident she suffered three years ago, Amelia is struggling to cope with a crippling anxiety disorder where she compulsively checks her locks and doors. She’s also experiencing frightening blackouts that strike at random. The root cause of her anxiety is her unshakable belief that her previous attacker, Rex Hawkins, is stalking her. She’s been to the authorities but they’ve dismissed her concerns as the paranoid delusions of a traumatized mind.

But are Amelia’s fears really unfounded? Could Rex Hawkins still be out there, waiting for her to drop her guard and make a mistake? Or is Amelia slipping deeper into neurosis and at risk of losing her mind?

A few years ago I read Left For Dead, the first of these Amelia Kellaway books and recall it being a thrilling and fast read, so when I was approached asking if I would like to read the next book in the series, it was a no brainer, I said yes. 

Fast forward quite a few months and I have finally sat down and read Coming For You.  I've been in a daze for the past 2 hours, where I wouldn't have known if anything was happening around me, as I was that absorbed in the pages of this book. 

It is so gripping and the whole way through you are made to wonder is Amelia's conviction that Rex Hawkins is still alive and out there and coming for her, whether it is true or not.  She is clearly suffering from various disorders and is petrified of ever being in the sort of situation she was in, in the first book again, and as a result her behaviour can come across as slightly neurotic and unstable at times. 

I couldn't help but empathise with her, and I was really unsure what to believe, and just as the book appears to be going in one direction - pow something else happens and wow! 

Make not mistakes, this is one incredibly gripping and compulsive series.  Deborah Rogers is clearly a talented author who has created some disturbing but addictive characters to read about. 

In fact my only real thought at the moment is, that I need to buy book 3 and start reading it now, and I'm saying this at 1am.... well its the Christmas holidays at the time of writing, so if I end up not getting much sleep after starting the next one well it won't matter!  

If in doubt start at the beginning of this trilogy, the description on Amazon of binge worthy in this case is entirely accurate.   So must go, need to binge read the next one too! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...