Friday 7 May 2021

Book Review - Uncork My Love by Rich Amooi

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Uncork My Love
Author: Rich Amooi
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 30th March 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

A sweet romantic comedy set in beautiful Napa Valley!

Ivy needs a miracle and a drink—not necessarily in that order. With a struggling winery, the only hope of keeping her dream alive is snagging a gold medal at the annual wine competition. She’s determined to win, but she can do it without the help of Ted Jacobs, aka Mr. Know-it-All.

Ted wants to catch lightning in a bottle and create the world’s greatest wine, but he’s smart enough to know he can’t do it alone. When he heads to Napa to keep his grandma from ending up in jail (don’t ask), he meets Ivy. She’s as complex and intoxicating as his award-winning cabernet, but as stubborn as the mule next door when she stomps on his offer to collaborate.

Ted knows it’s risky to mix business with pleasure, but if Ivy would only listen, they might just be the toast of the town.

Utterly hilarious,  and it was amusing from the first page of a disclaimer, before the book started properly, and I ended up laughing more and more as the story progressed. 

From the meddling grandmas of Loretta and Sherry who seem determined to bring their grand kids together in a range of outlandish and highly entertaining schemes, to the adorableness of Ted Jacobs, who is really rather a sweet guy, this book is genius. 

It is just what the doctor ordered, a gentle romance that deepens with feeling and belief as each chapter passes, with a side order of hilarity, to an odd moment that pulled on my heart strings, this really is a wonderful rom com. 

And once again Rich Amooi shows how good he is at banter between his leads of Ted and Ivy, with some of their exchanges being so so good, as they seem ultra competitive.   Then there is the mindboggling scene with Michelle Raquel of which the dialogue really did have me laughing out loud. In fact for the amount of times I was audibly laughing, it was probably a good thing I wasn't reading this on public transport, as I would have been getting some rather strange looks. 

Like a good wine, this book slipped down rather easily and hints of all manor of flavours, it was full bodied, fully developed and a luxurious thing to spend some time with.   

And the Napa vineyard setting was wonderful,  the slogans on Ivy's T-Shirt collection, well I wanted to buy them all as they are the sorts of things I'd happily wear, and all raised a smile.  But it's Ted i think I loved most of all, he seems so sure of himself in some ways, rather geeky in others and utterly gorgeous.  It's one hell of a mix and it was a pleasure to make him my latest book boyfriend while reading. 

Easily one of my favourite books from Rich Amooi, but I think I say that every time, which shows that he keeps getting better with age and experience - also like a fine wine I believe! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...