Wednesday 12 January 2022

Book Review - Ready or Not by Alex Lake

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Ready or Not
Author: Alex Lake
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: 14th October 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

A happy family…
Alice and Tom Sark seem to have it all – a wonderful marriage, a gorgeous baby, a beautiful home. And now Alice, a journalist, starts investigating a story which could make her career – a serial killer in their town.

A murderer lurking in the shadows… 
Very quickly though, the murder case takes its toll. Alice and Tom begin fighting all the time. Their baby daughter just won’t stop crying. And sometimes it feels almost as if they’re being followed…

Not everyone will live to tell the tale… 
The killer has found a new family to target. And the clock is ticking for Alice and Tom to stop their worlds being destroyed forever.

Woah, how did I not see that coming, I had some half inklings but my brain couldn't connect the dots, whereas what was actually written was fantastic. 

Once again Alex Lake has written a truly addictive and chilling story, that had me jumpy when a phone rang while reading it, as I had totally forgotten I was due a supermarket delivery, I was that addicted to the pages and finding out just what happened. 

And well this is definitely one of those books where if I say anything at all about the plot or characters there is a chance of me accidentally giving spoilers. 

What I think its safe to say it that someone really doesn't like babies, you aren't sure who but there are right from the start occasional chapters with thoughts about babies.  And there is other rather key baby in the story which I spent the whole book fearing for. 

Loads of short chapters make this rather easy to read, but do remember to notice which character is heading the chapter, and also the time line, just to avoid confusion, as there is a lot going on, and it all fits together so so well. 

Another enthralling book from one of my favourite psychological crime authors that kept me guessing and on tenterhooks right up until the last few pages. 

Thank you to Harper Collins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...