Saturday 30 September 2023

Book Review - Bad Men by Julie Mae Cohen

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Bad Men
Author: Julie Mae Cohen
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Zaffre
Publication Date: 20th July 2023
Rating: 5 Stars

Saffy has a secret. A secret that she is deeply ashamed of. It's not the fact that she's a serial killer in her free time. In fact, she's quite proud of that. After all she's only killing the bad men. She is making the world a better place.

No, her secret is far worse than that. Saffy has a messy, inexplicable, uncontrollable crush. So while she's busy plotting her next murder, she also has the much harder task of figuring out how to get a boyfriend.

But if there's one thing Saffy knows, it's how to get her man . . .

At the point I picked this up to start reading, I just knew with my current frame of mind a book called Bad Men would suit me perfectly. 

And I was right, I just wish I had my own Saffy, to track down and dispose of the men that had led to me being drawn to this title - although thankfully not for the same reasons as Saffy normally indulges her hobby. 

For Saffy has a secret hobby of killing men who deserve it, and somehow she seems to get away with it every time.  My heart broke for her a bit, as we learned just what motivated and happened with her first kill.  These are men who utterly deserve to die! 

And then there is a true crime podcaster who discovers a dead body on his doorstep and ends up doing more than just investigating and trying to get justice for people and discussing murder the whole time.  He's a suspect! Oh and Saffy may just have a crush on the podcaster! 

It is very rare for you to want to side with a serial killer, but Saffy is amazing, and so charismatic, and only kills for the best of reasons, it is really hard not to look up to her! I wouldn't quite say there need to be more Saffy's in this world as that could be rather dangerous. 

I knew I loved Juile Cohen's books in the past, but wow her dark side is really something special.  This is utterly amazing, I couldn't get enough of it, and it totally took my mind off real life too! 

I can't wait to see if this is the start of something new with this dark side unleashed and look forward to seeing what will be written next. 

Thank you to Zaffre and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...