Tuesday 13 February 2024

Book Review - Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock by Hannah Lynn

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Coffee and Cake at Wildflower Lock
Author: Hannah Lynn
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 22nd January 2024
Rating: 4 Stars

Home is where the coffee is...

Daisy May is embarking on a new chapter of her life as a permanent resident at the idyllic Wildflower Lock. Determined to seize this second chance she's been granted, Daisy is putting her all into making her new business venture a success. As her friendship with Theo grows ever stronger, her happily ever after seems within reach.

However, life isn't always smooth sailing. When a string of unfortunate mishaps and an unruly stag party leaves Daisy’s finances in dire straits, she starts to question her decision to launch a coffee shop. But just when she's nearly lost hope, the mysterious and generous Christian enters her life. Astute and eager to assist Daisy, he proposes a solution that could be the answer to all her problems... or will it be the beginning of even more challenges.

I am loving this Wildflower Lock series, and especially enjoying Daisy May and the continuation of her story from the first book. 

I do think it can be read as a standalone since the background is definitely included, which worked as a good reminder for me on the whole too as to what was in the previous book. 

Daisy has now decided to open up a coffee shop on her house boat, for everyone that visits the lock and to hopefully earn her some much needed income.  But right from day one it seems like she has cursed bad luck.  It it isn't one thing, it's another.  I know they say bad things come in threes, but I think it was more like a multiple of three! 

In amongst it all though she realises if she can keep the shop open, there is definitely a customer base, and at the same time her love of art is reborn too.  Through that she meets Christian, who really turns her head. 

Which is awkward given she seems to be running scared as to what could be happening with Theo, who is still fabulous. 

I really was torn as to which man I thought Daisy would end the book with, I knew which one my heart desired but wasn't convinced at times that she was thinking the same way.  I also really enjoyed getting to know Daisy's friends better too. 

I do though think that this is perhaps the middle of a trilogy at a guess of books featuring Daisy, as I have this suspicion there is more to come from her, as she continues to adapt to life on the canal. What I do know is given how much I am enjoying this author's writing of this series, I am 1000% eager to keep reading more from it. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...