Monday 5 August 2024

Book Review - The Fake Wife by Sharon Bolton

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Fake Wife
Author: Sharon Bolton
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Orion
Publication Date: 9th November 2023 
Rating: 4 Stars

You're not who you say you are. But neither is she.


Olive Anderson has accepted that tonight she'll be dining alone, without her husband. So when a beautiful stranger appears at Olive's dinner table, telling the waiter she's her wife, Olive is immediately unsettled.

But the stranger wants to talk, and isn't this what Olive wants on this lonely winter night? To vent to a perfect stranger? She's too ashamed to tell her real friends the truth - six months into the marriage they all warned her against, her life is a living nightmare.

Perhaps Olive should have asked the fake wife who she's really married to. Perhaps she should have known this chance encounter had something to do with her secretive husband. Because there is a string of missing women connected to Mr Anderson, and by the morning, Olive will be the latest...

The Fake Wife is an unputdownable thriller that will shock and surprise you like the best television boxsets. If you enjoyed Netflix shows like Behind Her Eyes, The Stranger and Obsession you will love The Fake Wife.

I was certainly intrigued by this book. The opening definitely caught my attention and hooked me in. 

However it took me a while to get used to how quickly the viewpoints would change mid chapter, between Olive and Garry. In fact initially given I was reading an advance copy I was wondering if something had gone wrong in the editing or formatting as I wasn't even sure Garry's storyline initially was anything to do with this book . 

Rest assured as you proceed it does all start to make sense, and not only that I started to really get interested in both of our main characters. There is more to Olive than what you first think. and the more I got to know the more I wanted to know. 

And I was really rooting for Garry too, he is a bit of a bumbling cop, how gets involved in this investigation mainly due to his excellent driving skills, and I really liked seeing him develop as the story progressed. 

This was a really good book, that had me invested at all times. 

Thank you to Orion and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...