The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK
Title: The Nile CruiseAuthor: Caroline JamesFormat reviewed: EbookSource: NetgalleyPublisher: AvonPublication Date: 30th July 2026Rating: 5 Stars
![]() |
| Amazon UK |
Title: The Nile Cruise
Will an adventure sailing The River Nile turn the tide for Hattie?
Hattie Mulberry is exhausted. Worn out from the demands of everyone around her, she’s long overdue a break. So, she decides to take a holiday – the adventure of a lifetime, following in the footsteps of her literary hero, Agatha Christie.
Before Hattie knows it, she’s embarking on a glamorous Nile cruise. Not only a voyage steeped in history and world-famous sights, but one where the passengers are almost as fascinating as the views from her luxurious cabin…
As the eclectic band of travellers journey between ancient temples and legendary tombs, guided by handsome Egyptologist Sam, secrets surface, desires awaken, and tensions simmer beneath the Egyptian sun.
Will the magic of moonlit nights on the Nile bring romance and renewal? Or will the infamous curse of Tutankhamun cast a shadow when least expected?
A gloriously escapist read full of sun, secrets and romance, perfect for fans of Sarah Morgan and Judy Leigh.
I am loving Caroline James' cruise books, and given I've been a fan of hers for many years, I also have fond memories of Hattie who has been in a fair few of her previous books too. So I was utterly delighted to see that Hattie was going on a cruise this time.
And down the Nile, so it's a first foray into the world of River Cruising which I know is different from Ocean cruising, although I've never experienced it myself yet.
I feel I should though stress this is totally a standalone story, no need to have read any of the previous books I've hinted at to understand this, all the other characters are brand new, and what a variety of characters we have.
I loved meeting Hattie's fellow passengers and table mates on this cruise. Sylvia who has lost her luggage, Ezra who believes in cruses, Phil who is fantasist and believes he is a real spy (he is a butcher in real life), and Gerald and Anoushka, who are the classic gold digger and dysfunctional relationship.
We also meet Sam the handsy Egyptologist who is rather knowledgeable but not really that great a tour guide, but does come out with interesting things, when leading various of the excursions.
I felt transported to Egypt and the Nile, and loved the various excursions and other trips that our characters go on. Especially with Hattie being inspired by Agatha Christie, given she is a private investigator herself, and can't help but being intrigued by a mystery with one of her fellow passengers!
There are total laugh out loud moments, often involving a menagerie of animals in Hattie's cabin, in addition to the antics of Drake her pet duck that is clearly missing her while she is away!
This was just a pure joy to read, it especially if you love armchair travel, escapist fiction or wonderful heroines who may be a bit older and perhaps a bit fuller of figure than the average book, which makes them all the more relatable for it. Especially as they are living their best lives!
I have a feeling I should probably start looking a river cruises as potential holiday option in the future as this made them sound more fun that I expected!
Brilliant as always from Caroline James, another winner for me!
Thank you to Avon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment