Monday, 14 September 2026

Book Review - Yes, Chef by Grace Reilly

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Yes, Chef
Author: Grace Reilly
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HQ
Publication Date: 21st July 2026
Rating: 4 Stars

If you can’t take the heat…get out of the kitchen.
After a public meltdown in one of Manhattan’s most elite restaurants, Chef Jack Hartman must return to his small Florida hometown. The only upside? He’ll be far away from Poppy Winfield – his former boss’s blonde, beautiful, utterly infuriating daughter – and the shrimp she threw at his head.

Poppy is also desperate for an escape – from her disapproving family and from her infamy as an influencer without a serious bone in her body. With their reputations in ruins, Jack’s only ticket back to New York is turning the unloved restaurant of his childhood into the newest dining hotspot on the East Coast. And unfortunately for him, Poppy’s is using her well-honed social media skills to sell out his grand opening.

As sparks fly and tensions reach boiling point, will Poppy and Jack be a recipe for disaster? Or could they be a perfect pairing …?

What a lovely and spicy  grumpy-sunshine romance this is.  There is a great deal of heat both inside and outside of the kitchen. 

It's a story of finding your place in the world for both Jack and Poppy.  They are at each other's throats initially. but soon realise the only way they can get their lives back in New York after two separate public meltdowns on the same evening, is to work together. 

I really enjoyed seeing Jack teaching Poppy how to cook and all he knows about restaurants.  I also loved how much character development there was for both characters. 

This was the first time I've read a book from this author and I will certainly be keen to read more in the future.  It's highly enjoyable and I definitely enjoyed my time between the pages of this story. 

Thank you to HQ and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...