Monday 1 May 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #62


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

0 Votes - American Housewife by Helen Ellis
1  Votes - A Love Like This by Maria Duffy
3 Votes -  His Other Lover by Lucy Dawson
5 Votes -  The Sisters by Claire Douglas
8 Votes - Return to Bluebell Hill by Rebecca Pugh

Wow was two weeks ago,and I've been so busy I really can't think what I want to write here, other than I loved the winning choice Return to Bluebell Hill and my review will be up very shortly. 

It is time for another go at my paperback assortment this week, since I am still trying to reduce the amount of unread paperbacks that I have. Well they take up space and I will be moving house at some point this year, so in theory the less I have to still read when we move the better! 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:

1 - 12 Honeymoons by K.L. Brady - I won this a few years ago and it looks like it should be a fun book. 
22 - Nina is Not OK by Shappi Khorsandi - I have been tempted to pick this book up a few times, but haven't quite got as far as reading it. I've heard some good things though. 
30 - Pendulum by Adam Handy - I am incredibly curious about this title, from what I recall of the blurb it sounds very interesting, but I may just need a push to actually start reading it.
31 - Personal (Jack Reacher 19) by Lee Child - Never read a Lee Child book, if you can believe  it, so would be wanting to start the Jack Reacher series on book 19, if that is even possible. 
69 - Wing Jones by Katherine Webber - This was released earlier this year and it looks interesting. This could be the choice for you if you want me to potentially have a different read as from what I recall it may not be quite the sort of book I would normally pick. 

To me this looks like a selection that has two books that have been on this feature in the past, 4 books that I won in competitions and 1 that I received from a goody bag, which to me suggests that as I didn't actively go out and make sure I owned them, I don't completely know much about any of them. They are also all authors I have never read which means its a new experience whatever wins! Regardless as always please pick whatever catches your eye for whatever reason. 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

21 comments:

  1. I vote #30 - Pendulum because you obviously need a push to read it and if we all tell you to, maybe that will be the push you need! Also I've noticed this book on websites and blogs a couple of times recently and it's left me feeling curious too.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. 69 - Wing Jones. It may be different, but it is certainly captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I wouldn't know any of these but Wing Jones caught my eye when I saw the choices so that's my pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Maxi‏ @Scribbler_Maxi 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Probably the Lee Child for me. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personal (Jack Reacher 19)! it shouldn't be so hard getting into the book, despite you having not read any of the previous books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    Karen perry‏ @karenperry24 47s47 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I'm drawn to pendulum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going with my first instinct 30 - Pendulum by Adam Handy it's one I have on my TBR so will be curious to get your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Jo Baines‏ @Biggestdog 48s48 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Hard choice- #Pendulum looks fab but love #ShappiKorsandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read one of these books but it was such a good read that I'm going to vote for it over the others - Nina is Not Ok. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wing Jones by Katherine Webber heard it was a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 22 looks interesting to me Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey‏ @kentlass123 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    12 honeymoons... have you read the woman at number 24? If so what did you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Micayla Lally‏
    @MJLally2nd

    Following
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Hollie 📖‏ @holinwanderlust 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Pendulum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pendulum would be my second choice. My first is Lee Child but my opinion would be to read the earlier ones first before this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. From TwitteR:

    DeesRadReads‏ @DeesRadReads 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I loved "Nina is not okay"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm oscillating towards Pendulum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Twitter:

    Liina voit‏ @liinareads 11h11 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Wing Jones by Katherine Webber 😀

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Twitter:

    Rowan Coleman‏Verified account @rowancoleman 53m53 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Nina is Not Ok is AMAZing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. From Twitter:

    Claire Allan‏Verified account @ClaireAllan 5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000 @rowancoleman
    A second vote for Nina. Everyone should read it & it should be on the Key Stage 4 curriculum

    ReplyDelete
  21. From Twitter:

    BookaholicDee‏ @BookaholicDee 9m9 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I knew I forgot something! I vote for Pendulum. The cover intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...