Monday 18 September 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #70


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

3 Votes - Dan Taylor is Giving Up on Women by Neal Doran
4 Votes - What's New Pussycat? by Alexandra Potter
5 Votes - The Season For Second Chances by Ruth Saberton
9 Votes -  The Hygge Holiday by Rosie Blake
10 Votes - The Mountain in my Shoe by Louise Beech

That was an incredibly close contest last week, and I wasn't sure who had won until I counted up the votes. I will admit to being a bit naughty, and pre-emptively starting Rosie Blake, possibly with wishful thinking, only to realise there was a vote difference. Rosie's book is great and review is coming in October. I may have also had space for a novella last week so expect to see a review of Ruth Saberton's book coming very soon too! 

I did of course then read The Mountain in My Shoe and wow did you all know what you were talking about, what a superb book, please do take a look at my review. 

This week I'm randomising from my review books, so often I take on perhaps a few too many and thus they end up waiting for my attention while I try to read by publication date, or by Christmas, so lets see what comes up this time. That and I have a very busy week coming up so killing 2 birds with one stone could just help to keep me sane! Just to assure any authors whose books these may be, I will read them all when I have the time, I promise! 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...




And the books these numbers correspond to are...

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:



I have needed to use my veto power this week for one good reason - I'm currently reading The Christmas Holiday by Maxine Morrey, so it can't really go into this vote!  It is very enjoyable so far though! 

4 - Out of Practice by Phoebe Fox -
Ooops I meant to read this ages ago, its the last book of a series I was enjoying, but its been sitting waiting patiently since the end of last year
21 - Summer at Willow Farm by Heidi Rice - Might be nice to read something summery with the way the weather currently is, and I do tend to like the author too! 
23 - After I've Gone by Linda Green -  I love Linda Green's women's fiction books, but still not read any of her psychological thrillers, hence requesting this from Netgalley. Really want to see what she is like at the dark side! 
37 - Moonlight Over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan -  The proof copy I have says #QueenofChristmas I don't think I need to say more
40 - The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft - As a fan of Sue Moorcroft I'm excited to know that there is a return to Middledip in this, a setting used in many of her previous novels! 

Wow I have some great looking books sitting on my review shelves, and this is just a small selection of them. One of these was actually going to be my next read, so clearly I need to leave a possible scheduling gap for a few days until I know whats happening!  Other than that all I can say is I am really really curious to see how this pans out! 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 

How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

31 comments:

  1. Oh, I really can't make up my mind! I love Sarah Morgan's books and would really like to hear about her new one, but I'm going through a thriller phase at the moment, so I think After I've Gone just about pips it to the post. So my vote is for After I've Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue Moorcroft is on my TBR so I'll vote for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some good books this week Rachel, but I think it has to be A Little Village Christmas. On my reading list too, and I'm so looking forward to returning to Middledip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to be the Sue Moorcroft. Also on my tbr and I look forward to reading your review whether it's chosen this week or you read it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intrigued to know what's going to happen in Middledip, so I'm voting for Sue Moorcroft's A Little Village Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My vote goes to Sue Moorcrofts The Little Village Christmas I have it on pre order.I love Sue Moorcrofts writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's got to be Sue Moorcroft. She tells a great story and like everyone is saying........back to Middledip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not going to be original here! I have to vote for Sue Moorcrofts The Little Village Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue Moorcroft for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Great selection this week. I am going to go for The Little Village Christmas :Sue Moorcroft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    🍓Laura 🍓‏ @xLaura30x 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    That's easy Moonlight Over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Liina 📚‏ @liinareads 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Oh wow, so difficult to choose! I'll go with The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Maxine Morrey Author‏ @Scribbler_Maxi 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I've read Moonlight and think you'll enjoy it so a vote for @SarahMorgan_ from me

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Rachel Burton‏ @bookish_yogi 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @Scribbler_Maxi @gilbster1000 @SarahMorgan_
    Yup. A vote for Moonlight from me too

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Twitter:

    Katie Jones‏ @katiejones88 49m49 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Summer at Willow Tree Farm by @HeidiRomRice was just fabulous ❤ definitely gets my vote

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Twitter:

    Gemma‏ @GemmaWiles 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I'm with #MoonlightOverManhattan too. Such a lovely little story 📖

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredibly difficult this week but as a #TeamMoorcroft member I only have one choice! 40 - The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Twitter:

    Sue Moorcroft‏ @SueMoorcroft 5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Is that allowed? :-) If so, then yes please! (I MAY have just mentioned the vote on Twitter, FB and to my street team. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah Morgan. I adore her books and I'm looking forward to this one. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very difficult choice - Sarah's book is amazing but I have to vote for Sue Moorcroft's The Little Village Christmas as I'm on her #streetteam!

    ReplyDelete
  21. From Twitter:

    Melanie Drewery‏ @MelanieDrewery 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Definitely moonlight over manhattan

    ReplyDelete
  22. From Twitter:

    Sarah Mackins‏ @sarah_mackins 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    @SarahMorgan_ has to be another vote for moonlight over Manhattan I loved it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Moonlight Over Manhattan ... loved the first in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. From Twitter;

    🍸AIMEE 🍸‏ @AimeeHorton 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    After I've Gone!

    ReplyDelete
  25. From Twitter:

    Tracey Allen‏ @Carpe_Librum1 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    No contest, you should read #AfterIveGone, I loved it and gave it 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  26. From Twitter:

    Carol‏ @carol_thomas2 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I do love a Sarah Morgan read, so that one jumped out to me x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Sue Moorcroft, so it has to be 'The Little Village Christmas'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...