Monday 26 February 2018

Book Review - The Moment of Truth by Shari Low - Rachel Reads Randomly Book #88

Amazon UK
Title: The Moment of Truth
Author: Shari Low
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 26th February 2015
Rating: 4 Stars


Laney Cochrane loves her life.
With her friends Millie and Tash, she runs a proposal agency, organising the perfect setting for their clients to pop the question. 
Finding that forever love is something Laney knows all about. Her marriage to Cameron is blissfully content and she has never doubted they’ll live happily ever after.
Then Cara Deacon walks into their office.
When Cara enlists their help to set up a romantic engagement to her boyfriend, they visualise a breathtaking scene under a moonlit Manhattan sky.
Laney’s excitement rises, until she realises that the man Cara intends to marry has the same name as her own husband.
Cameron Cochrane.
A bizarre coincidence? Identity theft? A cruel joke?
Or is Cara’s dream about to become Laney’s worst nightmare?
The only way to know for sure is to plan the proposal and see it through to the end.
But whose heart will be left intact after… The Moment of Truth?

I really enjoyed this book although I have to say I felt sorry for Laney almost the whole way through it. I have no idea how she had the strength of character that she showed, and I don't know many people who if in her position would do what she did. 

For Laney along with best friends Millie and Tash run Perfect Proposals an agency to help set up incredible, romantic proposals to give loved ones a proposal to remember. Imagine the girls surprise when they had one of their rare female clients come in, and give the name of her fiancee to be, to be very familiar. 

For he has the same name has Laney's husband. 

I loved this story of female friendship, and the three very distinct personalities of the girls, who I enjoyed getting to know that bit better, as some chapters focused on one of them individually.  Tash is a complete tonic, her outlook on life is so refreshing, and added quite a lot of the laughs for this book. 

The Moment of Truth had me on tenterhooks to see just how it would all resolve itself, when the moment of truth was revealed.   

Loved the characters and the writing, and its another incredibly entertaining book from Shari Lows back catalogue which I am really enjoying working my way through. 

Thanks to everyone that votes for this book this week, another excellent choice, bring on this time next week! 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great, glad you enjoyed it. I could be wrong but I think that proposals company has a small part in One Day in December (which I loved!), it sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite impress to read your review it changes my mind and I have decided to read the novel. I will get the eBooks download online and read the novel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...