Thursday 8 March 2018

Book Review - Bring Me Back by B A Paris

Amazon UK
Title: Bring Me Back
Author: B A Paris
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Publisher supplied copy
Publisher: HQ
Publication Date: 8th March 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


The Disappearance
Twelve years ago Finn’s girlfriend disappeared.

The Suspicion
He told the police the truth about that night.
Just not quite the whole truth.

The Fear
Now Finn has moved on.
But his past won’t stay buried…


Having loved B A Paris' previous two books, I was eagerly anticipating this one, and wondered if it could compare.  Let's just say it took me around 3 hours to read the whole book in one sitting, and although I didn't particularly think I was gripped, I didn't want to put the book down! 

I didn't really have too many theories as I was reading this, so the ultimate ending took my completely by surprised, definitely not what I would have predicted.   I am starting to feel that the one thing you can count on from a book by this author is you to have no idea what the twist is going to be, as they always take my by surprise. 

The main protagonist is Finn, and from the start we know that he had hid something about the night his girlfriend disappeared 12 years ago. Slowly we get a picture of his life now, and also in flashback short chapters, all the details of Finn's relationship with Layla and just what happened that night. 

We also have at least one other viewpoint which added a great deal to this fabulous book.  It certainly is a story that keeps you in suspense, and its amazing how significant even the smallest thing can be. 

I was racing through the pages as I wanted to find out the truth,  and thoroughly enjoyed the journey the author took me on.  Another fantastic book from her, although I think prefer the previous ones more. 

Thank you to HQ for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...