Monday 10 December 2018

Book Review - Confessions of an Angel Cat by Nic Tatano

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Confessions of an Angel Cat
Author: Nic Tatano
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 18th May 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


Meet Murphy, an Angel Cat. An actual Guardian Angel in the form of a cat.

No, seriously.

Guardian Angels take different forms on Earth, but in the case of Angel Cats, they’re sent on missions to fix broken lives. And while doing so, they strive to achieve a “heart lock” with a human, a bond so strong it will last forever. Their reward is to spend eternity in Heaven with their special person.

Alas, Murphy has failed several times and is beginning to wonder if he’s cut out for the job.

But when he’s assigned to Maggie Ryan, a seriously ill teenage girl who is ready to give up, he begins to see the proverbial bright light.

Will he be able to turn Maggie’s life around, and, in doing so, achieve the heart lock he so desperately wants?

I have just been on the most amazing roller coaster of emotion with this book which has given me all the feels, and had me welling up a few times too.    I can't believe I let it sit unread on my kindle so long, just due to my own scepticism when it comes to anything slightly unusual such as angels. 

For without a doubt Murphy is an angel cat, I now completely believe angel cats may exist, and he is one incredibly special cat, once he finds his forever home.  He is an inspirational cat and he at the same time answers questions that every single cat owner I'm sure would love to know the answer too. 

It is clear this has been written by a real lover of cats, and in fact this book combines what appear to be the authors two trade marks, at the moment, an adorable feline, and a strong willed red-headed lady. 

And what a leading lady she is, Maggie's story is just wow - and it will stick with me for ages.  However I can barely touch on all the amazingness in this book as in doing so it would be major spoilers for all aspects of Maggie's life. 

Rest assured this is heart warming, emotional and completely inspirational. From the first few pages I knew I needed to know more, and I have just sat and read the last half of the book in one sitting, as nothing would have been able to tear me away from it.  

This is definitely a book that has got me thinking, and of all the various theories out there, I really love the idea of angel cats, and them trying to earn their heart lock with a human - really bonding them.   Everything about how Murphy explains things is really cute and lovely.  And then we also see more of Maggie's life in real time, not from a cat perspective, which means you get to know more facets of her life too. 

Maggie and Murphy are a dream team, both as wonderful as each other and have both completely touched my heart.  I'm so happy that I had the chance to read this, it truly is a special little book. 

Thank you the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...