Monday 1 April 2019

Book Review - The Little Unicorn Gift Shop by Kellie Hailes - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Little Unicorn Gift Shop
Author: Kellie Hailes
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley 
Publisher: HQ Digital
Publication Date: 2nd August 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


Life’s always better with a little bit of sparkle.
Poppy and Ben have been best friends forever and now they’re embarking on a new adventure together – opening a joint unicorn gift shop and cafe. Ben has one rule; no unicorn paraphernalia is to cross into his tea shop. But Poppy has other ideas…

They’ve always been there for each other, at least until Poppy went travelling around the world – without Ben. But now she’s back and she’s determined to stay put, bringing a little bit of magic back into Ben’s life.

Can they go back to the way things once were or will the years of distance stand in the way of their new shop and blossoming romance?

Before I started reading this i had forgotten how much I had enjoyed this author previously, which may explain why the book was on my kindle for months unread, despite my best intentions 

However from the first couple of pages I was smiling and knew I would thoroughly enjoy this story, which I did. 

Poppy's joy for life and her love of all things unicorn had me addicted to her from the first moments.  She is bubbly and loves nothing more than unicorns, glitter and sparkle!

She is returning from over a decade of travelling, and coerces her best friend from school to share the shop he was purchasing with her.

Thus is born Sparkle and Steep - unicorn gift shop in one half and an elegant teashop in the other,  Only one small problem, Ben isn't keen on unicorns!

This is a joyous story, full of laughs, moments when you want to knock Poppy and Ben's heads together, and and all round happy vibe to it.

There is depth, character development, a lovely story which is easy to read and hopefully means that I will bumping the next book by this author up my TBR a lot faster.  Simply put I adored this book.

Thank you to Netgalley and HQ Digital for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...