Thursday 11 April 2019

Book Review - Relight My Fire by Joanna Bolouri

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Relight My Fire
Author: Joanna Bolouri
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Quercus
Publication Date: 1st March 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


Phoebe and Oliver had their happy ending, but now, with a five year old daughter, they are far from the blissful hedonistic lifestyle of when they first started dating. Not one for giving up, Phoebe creates a sexy wishlist: a jar where they can ask the other for anything they've ever wanted in bed - or out of it. But with distractions aplenty, will they be able to relight the fire in the bedroom?

Set 5 years after The List, it was great to catch up with Phoebe and Oliver again.  I will shamefully admit that I don't after such a break since I read the first book, recall too much about it, but that does mean that I can assure anyone that this can easily be read as a standalone. 

There were a few reminders from The List, but on the whole this was a whole new story, about a married couple needing to reinvigorate their sex life. They have 4 year old Mollie now, and she is adorable, which would put a dampener on most people's passion, and so they come up with ways to try to spice up their lives. 

Easily my favourite parts of this book was the introduction of the sex jar and how it was used, and the scenarios being played out, were  a lot of fun, and incredibly sexy too. 

I really enjoyed Phoebe's best friend Lucy, she was such a breath of fresh air running through the book, some of the funniest lines seemed to come from her. 

The story takes place over a year, and is told in what appeared to be diary entries, some longer and some shorter.  I really enjoyed all of Pam's suggestions for Phoebe and Oliver and it really wasn't all plain sailing.  

This was the perfect length of book for me to read on a journey to and from Stoke, and it passed the journey incredibly well.  I almost missed at least one stop, and generally didn't notice the world passing me by. Was incredibly enjoyable and the ending left me with a massive grin on my face (to the extent I think I had a few weird looks). 

Many thanks to Netgalley and Quercus for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...