Monday 16 September 2019

Book Review - Date Night by Samantha Hayes - #HolidayReading Madeira

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Date Night
Author: Samantha Hayes
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: 20th August 2019
Rating: 4 Stars


Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing…

Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning.

I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for.

I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen.

I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night…

But will you believe me?

Twisted and absolutely unputdownable, Date Night exposes what goes on behind the closed doors of a happy home and the dangerous truths we ignore to protect the ones we love. Perfect reading for anyone totally gripped by The Wife Between Us, Friend Request or Gone Girl.

Well I definitely did not see that ending coming, I had some theories but they all had holes in them, and the actual ending is so much more wow, than anything I was thinking. 

Written in such a way that you start thinking you have an unreliable narrator, and also not being completely sure what was happening at any point. 

At all times it felt like there deliberate holes in what the reader was being told, leaving me to come up with many wrong theories, which is fun. 

I really enjoyed reading this, it kept me on my toes at all times, and at various points it was unputdownable. 

All I wanted to know is what happened to Sasha and why, as its not normally to return home after a date night, to find the baby sitter has disappeared, but the child is still in the house. 

A very gripping story, that held my attention throughout. 

Thank you to Bookouture on Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...