Sunday 19 January 2020

Book Review - The Tanglewood Wedding Shop by Lilac Mills

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Tanglewood Wedding Shop
Author: Lilac Mills
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Canelo Escape
Publication Date: 13th January 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something untrue…

Edie has enough on her plate keeping her tyrannical boss happy at Moira’s Wedding Shop. So when society bride Tia begs Edie to design her wedding dress – and keep it a secret from the domineering mother-in-law to be – Edie reluctantly says ‘I will’ to making Tia’s dream come true. If her deception is found out, though, it would mean losing her job…

Meanwhile best man James has his eye on Edie and he’s proving ever harder for her to resist. James is upper-crust and Edie’s one unexpected bill away from the breadline – they’re from completely different worlds and there’s no way it can ever work between them… right?

A charming, feel-good romance for fans of Daisy James, Holly Martin and Portia MacIntosh.

Easily my favourite book of this Tanglewood series - it has adorable animals, wedding dresses, a really lovely child, a fabulous book boyfriend and Edie who is just trying to make ends meet and provide for her son. 

First up I really need to say how much I really disliked both Moira, Edie's boss at the Wedding dress shop, and also Tia's mother in-law Julia. If they both such frustrating people, then Tia would never had to ask Edie to make her dream wedding dress come true, and and Edie may not have ended up in the sticky situation she was in. 

Although it is thanks to Tia, that Edie gets to spend time with James and its clear even if neither of them seem to realise it, that there is a connection between them, and that it could be only a matter of time. 

James is fascinating, he is so keen on wildlife and conservation, and his choices of locations to take Edie on dates are rather different. Although personally I'm not sure I would have fancied visiting an apiary no matter how much I may want to get to know the man. 

And I just loved Mary, she was adorable and some of the scenes involving her were both funny and hare-raising. 

Although it reads well as a standalone, I started this mere hours after I finished book 2 in the series and I'm so glad I did, as it made a lovely change to read books in a series one after another, thus instantly feeling at home with the characters, the recurring characters (Betty is such a tonic!), the location  and of course the engaging writing style. 

I really did enjoy every single moment I spent with Edie and James, and thoroughly enjoyed this book which I raced through in under a day. 

Thank you to Canelo and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...