Wednesday 1 March 2023

Book Review - An Island in the Sun by Kate Frost

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: An Island in the Sun
Author: Kate Frost
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 6th February 2023
Rating: 4 Stars


When successful songwriter Tabitha Callahan swaps a summer of sadness for pet sitting around the world, she intends to use the time to heal her broken heart.

Tabitha can’t believe her luck when she picks up a housesit on the rugged and beautiful Portuguese island of Madeira.

The villa is luxurious, the views breath-taking and her charges, a gorgeous but aloof cat and two cute and friendly Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, are perfect companions while she works on some new material and attempts to reconcile her past.

However, her peace is shattered when an unexpected house guest puts paid to her much-needed time alone, forcing her to confront not only her feelings but what she actually wants from life.

New friends and old dominate her time on the island, along with deep-rooted regret and unspoken sorrow.

Will a year of running away be enough to put the past to rest and allow someone new to inch into her heart?

How lovely to be able to revisit Madeira, an island i went on holiday to a few years ago. Although my time there was significantly less eventful than Tabitha's, I didn't meet any good looking men and there were far too many steep hills where I was staying then I was happy with! 

However I'd have happily stayed where Tabitha was, it sounded absolutely stunning and the two dogs and the cat she was pet sitting for a few weeks, were adorable.  

Yet the story revolves far more around Raff, his rift with his parents, the difficult position it puts Tabitha in, and of course the clear attraction between them. 

With a rather memorable first meeting and both of them with things they are running from in the past, this has some really interesting storylines threaded throughout the story. 

I loved seeing how they developed and discovering their full back stories.  

One of my first thoughts within the first couple of chapters was that I wondered if I could I be like Tabitha and become a pet sitter and travelling all over the world to pet sit while owners are on holiday, as I can like her, work from anywhere.   In fact I just really wanted to be Tabitha for pretty much the whole book, was quite envious of her life style which I wanted! 

It's a gorgeous escapist romance that I enjoyed a lot. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...