Friday 24 March 2023

Book Review - One Italian Summer by Catherine Mangan - #HolidayReading Mexico

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: One Italian Summer
Author: Catherine Mangan
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Sphere
Publication Date: 12th May 2022
Rating: 4 Stars

Escape to Italy this summer and fall in love with the perfect holiday romance!

When Lily's long-term relationship ends, she flees her life in New York to travel to her best friend's wedding on the sun-drenched Italian island of Ischia - but could there be more to the secluded island than she ever imagined?

Ten days with nothing but sparkling seas, breath-taking beaches and delicious food sounds like the perfect cure for a broken heart. And Lily can hardly believe she'd never heard of Ischia before now. But Lily's blissful break is short-lived as she discovers not only has she lost her boyfriend, she's also lost her job.

As Lily searches for inspiration, she connects with local Matt, who shows her the magic the beautiful Italian island has to offer, and quickly inspiration strikes: Ischia needs more tourists and Lily knows just how to help.

As Ischia slowly heals Lily's heart, will she in turn inject new life into the island? And will local Matt offer the possibility of a future she'd never dreamed of?

A glorious and uplifting escapist novel set against the stunning backdrop of the Italian coast. The perfect holiday read for fans of Rosanna Ley, Jo Thomas and Karen Swan

I was completely and utterly transported to the Italian island of Ischia in this slow burn romantic novel. 

Like Lily I wasn't overly aware of Ischia's existence, but I am now definitely keen to visit. The author has done a wonderful job of promoting the island and I felt as though I was there alongside the characters. 

Lily is just one of the wedding party spending 9 days on the island, and I really enjoyed getting to know all of her friends, while also hoping that the time away will help her get over the most recent break up.

I loved all the friends, especially the brides and their rather different approaches to a wedding. 

It was the travel aspects that appealed to me most and they were all incredibly well done.  I thoroughly enjoyed spending time on the island from my sunbed in Mexico, and found myself considering Ischia for my next holiday. 

Thank you to Sphere and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...