Wednesday 20 March 2024

Book Review - Ex In The City by Portia MacIntosh

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Ex In The City
Author: Portia MacIntosh
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 27th February 2024
Rating: 5 Stars

Nicole Wilde’s life has not panned out how she expected.

Ten years ago when she was living the rock star lifestyle as a music journalist - touring the country, going to gigs and hanging out with celebrities - she never thought she would end up living an uneventful life in suburbia, in a relationship that is well past its sell-by date.

Nicole knows that her days of wild parties and tour buses are over, but yet there is something that keeps drawing her back to her old life. So when rock star Dylan King turns up on her doorstep needing her help to restore his public image, she can’t resist one last trip down memory lane.

But Nicole and Dylan's history is complicated. And when her old life and new life collide, she will soon realise that you can’t run away from your past forever, and sometimes you just have to follow your heart...

Join top 10 international bestseller Portia MacIntosh for a brand new laugh-out-loud second chance, celebrity romantic comedy.

I always enjoy a Portia MacIntosh rom-com and this was no exception. 

I was vaguely aware before I started it that this was a follow on, to a book release many years ago that I have sitting unread on my kindle,  and thus it took me a bit longer than normal to settle into properly enjoying this, as my mind kept wondering what I was possibly meant to know already.

i can safely though say it does work as a standalone and once I settled into the characters and had a grip on what was going on, I absolutely loved it.

Both of Nicole's two worlds are so exceptionally described.  I felt as though I was there in the small competitive village that she lives in, but also was totally on board with the rockstar (or groupie) life once Dylan had got back in touch with her. 

And I loved Dylan an Nicole's friendship, re-ignite and grow, and I was just hoping they would get the ending I was hoping for.  But since Nicole had started the book in a relationship she was trying to leave, with a man she can no longer trust and that she is only still hanging around for her fabulous step kids... well I was never completely sure which pull on her life would win. 

It's such an enjoyable story and I was just loving everything about it.  A really fun book to read. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...