Wednesday 22 August 2018

Book Review - Annie's Summer By The Sea by Liz Eeles

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Annie's Summer by the Sea
Author: Liz Eeles
Format reviewed: Ebook 
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: 27th March 2018
Rating: 5 Stars

When Annie Trebarwith unexpectedly inherits Tregavara House, her much-loved family home atop the cliffs of Salt Bay, she begins to wonder: with all the good friends and warm memories she’s made in the village, could it be her forever home? 

Luckily her gorgeous Poldark-lookalike boyfriend, Josh Pasco, has exactly the same idea. High on the Cornish cliffs he gets down on one knee, and Annie has everything she’s ever dreamed of.

But when a summer storm causes catastrophic damage to the beautiful but aging house, Annie and Josh are faced with tumbling tiles and a massive repair bill – and a roof that’s leaked straight onto her wedding gown…

Can the Salt Bay community save Annie’s house and her wedding – and give Annie the happy-ever-after she’s always wanted?

Well I spent the last 20% or so of this book on the verge of tears, then again I was almost in tears near the beginning too for other reasons.  This is a story that took me on a trip through the emotions, and was a joy to read. 

I suspect that this may be the last book of this series, and I would definitely recommend reading them all in order for everything to make the most sense.  It took me a short amount of time to get back into the swing of the overall series having been a while since I read book 2, but once I remembered I found myself really enjoying this book. 

I can't really comment on the plot as I don't want to give any spoilers to something key near the start of the book that triggers most of the rest of the story, but suffice to say this is jam packed with story lines, sub plots, all the characters you know and love from the series are there. 

There is a new run in with Toby, Annie's father Barry is starting to grow on me, I love Annie and Josh's relationship and everything to do with Tregavara House and Salt Bay. 

Its a fabulous location with great writing that drew me in, and I just was another great book from the author, that I can't really explain why I enjoyed it other than as a fan of the series, I enjoyed seeing the next steps for all of the characters. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...