Saturday 6 October 2018

Book Review - Absent In The Spring by Carrie Elks - #HolidayReading Book 21

Book 21 of 28 read on my holiday to Cyprus in June 2018.

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Absent In The Spring
Author: Carrie Elks
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Publisher supplied copy
Publisher: Piatkus
Publication Date: 26th April 2018
Rating: 4 Stars


Losing control never felt so good . . .

A successful lawyer, and the eldest of four sisters, Lucy Shakespeare is used to being in control of everything and everyone around her, most particularly herself - until she meets the gorgeous Lachlan MacLeish.

Lachlan's hired Lucy because he needs the best. His inheritance is suddenly in doubt, thanks to his devious half-brother and there's no way he's going down without a fight. The very last thing he wants is a distraction, but as soon as he sees Lucy, he knows he's in trouble.

Despite their efforts to resist, it isn't long before Lachlan has Lucy longing to break all her careful rules. As they travel from Scotland, to Paris and on to New York, Lucy can't help but wonder: is it sometimes worth risking it all?

I do love this series of books about The Shakespeare sisters, and really enjoyed getting to see Lucy, the eldest sister's story this time around. 

I did though find it a tricky to get into but that could have just been my concentration level instead of the book itself, as once I was onboard and had met Lachlan, I was far more invested in the story. 

There is sizzling chemistry between Lucy and Lachlan, even if they  really shouldn't be getting together due to being client and customer. 

It was good catching up with Lucy's family too, and getting updates as to what they are all up to. 

I found this to be really enjoyable and another good book in the series, but I think perhaps due to their professions, that I have preferred the first two in the series.  I am looking forward to the next installment already. 

Thank you to Clara Diaz at Piatkus for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...