Monday 26 November 2018

Book Review - Snowed In At The Little Duck Pond Cafe by Rosie Green

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title:  Snowed In At The Little Duck Pond Cafe
Author: Rosie Green
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 15th November 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


The biggest snowfall in years has blanketed Sunnybrook, cutting the village off from the outside world. For Fen, who finds herself snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe, it's little more than a minor inconvenience. Her love life is finally running smoothly; it looks as if she's found the perfect man for her.
But then a shocking secret threatens to destroy Fen's new-found happiness.

Will being snowed in be the final straw? Or will Fen find a way through the snowdrifts to the perfect love?

Wow, I started this 2 hours ago, and only just put it down and rejoined the real world.  What a novella, and what an amazing new book to this delightful series. 

I was enjoying it so much I didn't even pause to think if it could be read as a standalone, my gut feeling is this works best if you are least read Christmas at the Little Duck Pond Cafe as it continues straight on and Fen features as the leading lady in both, so you will really feel the emotion and know the characters most recent situations if you read them as a pair. 

So this may be a novella but you wouldn't believe it, the amount that Rosie Green has yet again managed to pack into such a small package. 

I can't really comment on the plot, as I don't want to give anything away, but I will say I went on a rollercoaster of feelings, as the story progressed, I think I must have felt almost every key emotion while reading it.  I was laughing, almost crying, in fear, curious, annoyed that I was smarter than the characters and that they couldn't see sense faster, and surprise. 

I did not see that ending coming, and I am looking forward to seeing how Rosie Green progresses the series from here.  I have an inkling as to who if may be the next main character, as there is another lady who is featured quite a lot in the story, without her being one of our main trio.  

I loved as always seeing the continuation of Jaz and Ellie's stories too, and their friendship seems to be going from strength to strength.   The duck pond features quite a bit in this story, and Snowed In is definitely a rather apt title, although even the way that was dealt with took me by surprise. 

This is an absolute treat of a book for fans of the series, and those just joining The Little Duck Pond Cafe series, I would strongly suggest you read them all, they are all novellas, and all are as impressive as this one, although I would say the series is getting better book by book. 

Thank you so much to Rosie Green for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily., 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...