Monday 6 May 2019

Book Review - Passport to Happiness by Carrie Stone - #HolidayReading Thailand

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Passport to Happiness
Author: Carrie Stone
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 30th May 2019
Rating: 4 Stars


Will the trip of her dreams…

Everly Carter is bored.

With her job, with her single status and with the never ending line of rubbish men on Tinder.  Tired of going through the motions of seeming happy, Everly wants to be happy!

So, in a spontaneous moment of bravery (perhaps spurred on by a few cocktails) Everly books a holiday.  Time away, alone, to find out what she really wants from life.

Become the journey of her lifetime?

Everly’s search for happiness takes her to picturesque Swiss villages and the sunsets of glamourous Bermuda.  But with every new stamp in her passport, Everly still feels as though something is missing…

Could it be that true happiness is hard to find, until she finds herself?


It seemed only fitting that I read a book with passport in the title all while on a plane somewhere exotic myself. 

Although unlike Everly I was on my Ford a holiday whereas she is on a journey of self discovery and in the pursuit of happiness. 

What I really loved about this book were the three foreign destinations,  Switzerland, Bermuda and Bali all of which were described so vibrantly that I could have been alongside Everly on her journey. 

Initially I wasn't sure what to make of it all but once I got to know the main character better and could see she wasn't as shallow as the early days in Bermuda made her seem,  I was really enjoying it. 

I loved her assorted experiences in the destinations,  while her Skype calls to her sister just frustrated me. 

This was a lovely,  relaxing story to read, perfect for whiling away a few hours of a long haul flight.  I just hope I enjoy Thailand as much as Everly enjoys her Far Eastern adventure.

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper Impulse for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...