Sunday 26 May 2019

Book Review - Willow by Grace Parks

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Willow
Author: Grace Parks
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 16th April 2019
Rating: 4 Stars


Can a socialite and a technophobe fall in love?

A bubbly personality and a great job in social media didn’t mean that Willow Lawson had it all. Her love life was distant memory and her social life only work related. The maddening demands of life seemed to get in the way of finding time for herself or her friends. 

She starts the Pepper Lane Club as a chance to step away from her busy schedule once a month to reconnect with her friends. 

Thomas Greer, the proprietor of the Pepper Lane Café, annoys her. He’s her complete opposite; unsociable, serious, old-fashioned and dead set against social media. 

Always game for a challenge, Willow decides to take him on as a client. She’s going to prove to Thomas that he needs her help. She knew she would be successful, she just didn’t know she would lose her heart along the way.

Can Willow fall in love with a man that doesn’t respect her profession? Will Thomas let go of his preconceptions long enough to get to know the real Willow? Enjoy this sweet romance as Willow finds love and friendship in the first book in the Pepper Lane Series. 

Six women. Six stories. Six chances of love. One café.
The Pepper Lane Series follows the lives of six women as they share life, love and heartache once a month at the Pepper Lane Club. They might be an unlikely group of friends, but it takes all types to form a tribe.

This is an incredibly sweet romance, that is an lovely start to a new series featuring The Pepper Lane Club.  I believe thought it may be aimed at a slightly younger audience than me, as I found myself a bit frustrated that everything seemed at surface level. 

There was no real depth to Willow, as nice as she was, but I think its more that I've stopped enjoying her character type than anything to do with the writing.  Plus is only the first book in the series so plenty of time to see a good amount of development across the books. 

I already suspect I'll love Riley's book a lot, and probably Mary too, as they are the book lovers in the group.  There is also hairdresser Carey and Aria who loves her fashion and Rachel who seems like she may have some hidden depths to her. 

Although I may not have been keen on Willow (and please note I didn't hate her, just she frustrated me), I absolutely loved Thomas, and Willow's interactions with him.  It was all so awkward and cute,  and any man who is determined to ignore social media already intrigues me. 

This is a quick and easy read, that is very promising, and I'm definitely keen to read more from the series.  It lays good ground work, and well I want to see what happens with Willow next, even if she is only a side character in the rest. 

The Pepper Lane Cafe itself is a wonderful setting, and Luca the handsome waiter certainly caught my attention.  Although I won't say any more about it, Willow gets a pet that completely steals my heart too! 

Bring on Book 2, I suspect that now I'm familiar with the author's writing style and have reminded myself what a sweet romance is, I may enjoy it even more. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...