Tuesday 16 July 2019

Book Review - Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Cafe by Rosie Green

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title:  Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
Author: Rosie Green
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date:  6th June 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


Wedding fever is in the air in the village of Sunnybrook. With Ellie and Zak's Big Day on the horizon, the sun is shining brightly on the Little Duck Pond Cafe community. But when dark clouds begin to roll in from more than one direction, several close relationships look to be under threat. Will the wedding of the year actually take place at all?


I have no idea how Rosie Green keeps doing it, but what a roller coaster I've just been on with this book.  Everything took me completely by surprise and I am just flabbergasted at how everything turned out. 

Word's can't describe how a series that started off incredibly well, seems to have kicked up to a new gear with the books added to it this year. If I thought A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe was previously the best in the series, then I think this tops it completely. 

But oh, Rosie Green, do you have to keep putting your characters through the wringer... I mean I know it makes for captivating storytelling, but your poor poor characters.... they feel like family to me by now, and when they hurt, I hurt!  

With Confetti in the title you may be expecting a laugh a minute book about a wedding... and well there are laughs,  there is certainly weddingy things happening... but amongst that well there is all sorts of drama that keep you reading.  From about 40% onwards I read in one sitting as I had no desire to put the book down at all. 

There is so much I'd like to say but the book is only a novella and with the action coming thick and fast with no let up, I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of what really is a wonderful addition to the series. 

It is clear this is an author growing with confidence with every story, and has a fabulous imagination to keep each instalment so fresh and addictive.   Bring on book 7!! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...