Sunday 28 July 2019

Book Review - The Perfect Betrayal by Lauren North

Amazon UK
The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Title: The Perfect Betrayal
Author: Lauren North
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Transworld Digital
Publication Date: 27th June 2019
Rating: 5 Stars


After the sudden death of her husband, Tess is drowning in grief. All she has left is her son, Jamie, and she’ll do anything to protect him – but she’s struggling to cope.

When grief counsellor Shelley knocks on their door, everything changes. Shelley is understanding and kind, and promises she can help Tess through the hardest time of her life.

But when a string of unsettling events happens and questions arise over her husband’s death, Tess starts to suspect that Shelley may have an ulterior motive. Tess knows she must do everything she can to keep Jamie safe – but she’s at her most vulnerable, and that’s a dangerous place to be . . .

Could not put this down even if i tried - was amazed and addicted by it from thee first to last page.   Just wow! 

I literally can't say anything about this tightly crafted plot, in part because I'm still reeling from the revelations, and also pondering how on earth I didn't see it coming.  I had various theories of course but on the whole I was believing what Tess was believing at the same time as her - as everything was so confusing. 

I couldn't work out how to second guess it all, and my strongest theory for one aspect of it was so far from the mark  its almost laughable. 

How do you review a book when everything you want to say may give part of the game away -  I find it so hard to believe this is the authors first book of this genre.  It is so accomplished and has completely messed with my head. 

It's a book full of suspense and tension, that keeps on ramping up,  It is addictive unputdownable writing at its very best. 

My only regret is that I've had the book on my kindle for 6 months, and it has taken me that long to get to it.  Utterly brilliant book that I whole heartedly recommend to psychological drama fans. 

Thank you to Transworld and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...