Monday 17 February 2020

Book Review - A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe by Rosie Green - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
Author: Rosie Green
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 24th December 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

With Zak and Ellie’s wedding day approaching, there's high excitement in the pretty village of Sunnybrook, especially among the Little Duck Pond Café crew. Ellie is over the moon with her romantic surprise wedding gift from Zak, and Madison is promising to organise a hen party to remember. Everyone has high hopes for a magical Christmas Eve wedding celebration at gorgeous Brambleberry Manor. (Even Maisie-Moo has a sparkling new outfit.)

But sometimes, even the best-laid plans can go wrong. And with the journey to the altar turning out to be rockier than expected, it’s going to take nothing short of a Christmas miracle to ensure a happy ending .

Another wonderful addition to this series. And for the first time that I recall at least, it is written from the three original leading ladies of the series viewpoints. 

So we get to see things from Elle, Jaz and Fen's perspectives, which is great, as I've missed all of their voices, in the more recent novellas. 

Equally doing it this way has allowed for enough backstory to be filtered in so that if you are new to the series it should standalone. 

This one really made me smile a lot, from the various mishaps to the romantic gestures.   There is just a lot to love. 

I don't want to risk spoiling the plot, or the series so far potentially, but I'll say that it is so great to finally see this wedding, which I feel like we have been waiting for, for books!

Not that everything is smooth sailing, I am ridiculously happy with the way all the characters stories, including Madison, Katja, Primrose are progressing within this instalment. 

And of course I can't not mention the adorable Maisie and Maisie Moo, who never fail to make me grin. 

I adored this novella, and I can't wait to return to the Little Duck Pond Cafe in the next one. 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...