Friday 1 May 2020

Book Review - The Guesthouse by Abbie Frost

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Guesthouse
Author: Abbie Frost
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 9th January 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

Seven guests. One killer. A holiday to remember…
‘Addictive and fun’ Daily Mail
Not all the guests will survive their stay…

You use an app, called Cloud BNB, to book a room online. And on a cold and windy afternoon you arrive at The Guesthouse, a dramatic old building on a remote stretch of hillside in Ireland. 

You are expecting a relaxing break, but you find something very different. Something unimaginable. Because a killer has lured you and six other guests here and now you can’t escape. 

One thing’s for certain: not all of you will come back from this holiday alive…

Wow I did not see that coming at all. I had absolutely no idea just who the villain of the book would turn out to be, I just knew that this was a story that was getting creepier and creepier throughout. 

I have no idea if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight, after reading this rather disturbing book all evening and being barely able to put it down, was able to read it in a few short hours.  I was completely hooked in trying to work out what was going on before the characters could (and I failed).

Seven guests are all taking advantage of an opening week offer for a new Guest House in Ireland. However it soon becomes apparent that this may not be an ordinary holiday for any of them, but just what is going on and who is doing bad things.... well that is for you to find out. 

This is one claustrophobicly creepy book, it is full of atmosphere, set in a remote location that isn't even easily accessible by car, over of foggy and stormy week, full of power cuts, weird noises, possible ghosts and just a whole load of things that could make your skin crawl. 

I am so impressed by this addictive debut thriller novel, it is so accomplished and kept me on my toes throughout.  I'm already very curious to see what this author will write next. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Harper for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...