Tuesday 12 May 2020

Book Review - My Year of Saying No by Maxine Morrey

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: My Year of Saying No
Author: Maxine Morrey
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication Date: 16th April 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

Lottie Wentworth has never been more pleased to hear Big Ben ring in the new year and wave goodbye to The Year of Saying Yes!

When a long-term relationship ended, her best friend’s scheme to get Lottie back in the swing of things seemed like a good idea. She’s kept her promise to Jess to see it through but, as a lover of the quiet life, Lottie couldn’t be happier to say hello to a brand new year – The Year of Saying No!

Unfortunately, the one thing she still seems unable to say no to is the crush she has on her best client and now friend, Army veteran, Seb Marshall. But she’s working on it, and with rescue dog Humphrey at her side, she knows that she’ll manage just fine.

Lottie’s decision to stop trying to please everyone has brought a sense of relief beyond what she had expected. Her actions and determination have also begun to send ripples throughout her life and those closest to her, bringing about changes none of them could have expected.


But will all those changes be for the good?

Another very enjoyable story from Maxine Morrey. 

There were many many occasions where I wanted to either slam Seb and Lottie's heads together, or lock them in a room - either way for them to work out what I'd realised very early on that they would be made for each other!! 

Despite the characters not really wanting to admit to their true feelings, much less act on them, the rest of the book did nothing but please me greatly. 

I loved the idea of Lottie's year of saying no - well saying no to things she really doesn't want to do, and it's lead to her family viewing her differently and i loved the way it inspired positive changes in her friends lives too. 

One thing Lottie though did say yes to, was getting a rescue dog, and Humphrey is just adorable,and he's not even the only dog in this story.  I do love dog loving humans!

I really enjoyed Lottie and Seb's interactions, they have such a great connection between them, and I was willing them to see sense continually. Their friends and families were also characters I really liked. 

I always enjoy books from this author, and this was no exception.  I seem to have scrambled my brain so I can't get my thoughts in order, but I do really recommend it,  it's great to while away a few hours from the current horrors of the real world situations.  Pure fun escapism. 

Thank you to Boldwood Books and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...