Tuesday 19 May 2020

Book Review - Willow's Wedding Vows by Debbie Viggiano

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Willow's Wedding Vows
Author: Debbie Viggiano
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 28th April 2020
Rating: 4 Stars

Wedding vows have never been this personal…

Willow has been living with marriage-shy Charlie for more years than she cares to remember and is old-fashioned enough to want a wedding band and a loads-of-sex honeymoon before stretchmarks and nipple shields.

So when the once-wary Charlie surprisingly goes down on one knee, Willow doesn’t question why her boyfriend is suddenly so keen to rush her into saying “I do”.

The first clue comes as Willow is zipped into her Cinderella dress, the second as she bobs into the wedding car, and the third as the Roller swings towards its fairy-tale destination… leaving a shell-shocked Willow desperately trying to figure out what to do next.

A bride can do anything she wants on her wedding day, but nobody expected her to do this…

I had two main thoughts the whole way through this book. 

1 - how on earth does the title fit what I'm reading? Well let me assure you it will in time make some sense and when it does I was practically cheering!

2 - I could barely believe what an utter tosser (OK insert much ruder stronger words to really get the drift) that Charlie is.

He is an utter nightmare of a man, not someone you would really want yourself or your friends to spend any time with.

Yet he somehow successfully keeps this part of himself hidden from Willow.

Ah Willow she has been with Charlie many years, and just wants to marry him. She at times seemed completely oblivious and far too trusting even when it was clear she should at least second guess herself.

OK so I wasn't keen on most of the characters in the book, but at the same time I enjoyed seeing just what a mess they could get themselves into.

I was curious about just how everything turned out and although I may not have liked Charlie at one point I did very almost feel sorry for him... well fleetingly!

Definitely an entertaining story that I did very much enjoy reading.

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...