Thursday 14 July 2022

Book Review - A Taste of Home by Heidi Swain - #HolidayReading Cruise

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: A Taste of Home
Author: Heidi Swain
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: 29th April 2021
Rating: 5 Stars

Fliss Brown has grown up living with her mother on the Rossi family’s Italian fruit farm. But when her mother dies, Fliss finds out she has a family of her own, and heads back to England with Nonna Rossi’s recipe for cherry and almond tart and a piece of advice: connect with your family before it is too late…

Fliss discovers that her estranged grandfather owns a fruit farm himself, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, and she arrives to find a farm that has fallen into disrepair. Using her knowledge gleaned from working on the Rossi farm and her desire to find out more about her past, Fliss rolls her sleeves up and gets stuck in. But what will she discover, and can she resurrect the farm’s glory days and find a taste of home…?

I'm a massive fan of Heidi Swain, so I hang my head in shame that it took me over a year to finally sit down and read this book. 

But I'm very glad I waited until I had time to just devour it, as that is exactly what happened, as I couldn't put it down. I was hooked on Fliss's story. 

And her meeting a long lost relative for the first time, and seeing if her real home is at the fruit farm she never knew existed. 

I was happy to see cameos from many of the Wynbridge regulars, as I do love to keep up to date with characters lives, and it helped give the book a sense of love and cosiness too. 

Read over the course of an afternoon, I was engrossed in how this story unfolded.  I loved every moment of it.

Thank you to Simon and Schuster and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...