Thursday 27 April 2023

Book Review - Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paige Toon - #HolidayReading Mexico

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Only Love Can Hurt Like This
Author: Paige Toon
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Penguin
Publication Date: 27th April 2023
Rating: 5 Stars

Neither of them expected to fall in love. But sometimes life has other plans.

When Wren realises her fiancé is in love with someone else, she thinks her heart will never recover.

On the other side of the world, Anders lost his wife four years ago and is still struggling to move on.

Wren hopes that spending the summer with her dad and step-family on their farm in Indiana will help her to heal. There, amid the cornfields and fireflies, she and Anders cross paths and their worlds are turned upside-down again.

But Wren doesn't know that Anders is harbouring a secret, and if he acts on any feelings he has for Wren it will have serious fall-out for everyone.

Walking away would hurt Wren more than she can imagine. But, knowing the truth, how can she possibly stay?

It has been a long wait for a new Paige Toon novel, but I can say with all certainty that is was definitely worth it for this wonderful book. 

I loved Wren's story, and it is all about love but I wouldn't necessarily call it a romance. For it is about all kinds of love. 

And Anders backstory once we get to the heart of it,  really emphasises that point. He is a wonderful man and I felt privileged to be able to read all about him. 

And the setting of Indiana was great to see as I don't think I've ever read a book set in that part of the USA before.  I also adored Anders job, even though it isn't a big part of the story. 

I also enjoyed getting to know Jonas, and seeing him come into his own as the story progresses. And  I enjoyed getting to know Wren's step sister and that side of her family along with her. 

Just everything about this book spoke to me, and I couldn't put it down. It's another triumph from one of my favourite authors, that kept me on my toes and had me completely unsure about just how it would end. 

Thank you to Penguin and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...