Wednesday 12 April 2023

Book Review - P. S. Come To Italy by Nicky Pellegrino

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: P. S. Come To Italy
Author: Nicky Pellegrino
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Orion
Publication Date: 14th March 2023 
Rating: 4 Stars

Wish you were here?

When Belle's quiet, idyllic life on the coast starts to crumble, it's a stranger - thousands of miles away in Italy - who provides a shoulder to cry on. And so, when Enrico sends her a beautiful gift with a note signed off 'P.S. Come to Italy!' she decides to follow her heart.

Arriving at Enrico's palazzo in beautiful Puglia, it's clear that his life couldn't be more different than the one Belle's left behind. Yet despite his flashy cars and his glamorous, warring family, she starts to realise that perhaps Enrico needs her just as much as she needed him.

Belle's holiday of a lifetime was never about falling in love - but under the sun-kissed olive trees, anything can happen...

It took me a while to fully get into this story.  We are treated to an opening chapter of Belle arriving in Italy, and meeting Enrico and his whole family for the first time.  So we get to know their connections and how everyone is related.  But then we get quite a few chapters which is the how and why Belle came to be in Italy, and how she met Enrico. 

I loved these chapters, and it really set the scene but I found that once the action moved to the present again, it took me ages to work out how everyone was related as I had forgotten the info and character dump as such from that first chapter. 

However once got past that, I was absorbed in the story, in the Palazzo that Belle is staying in and the life of all of Enrico's family.  I loved the various characters, and the interesting family dynamics at play. 

I loved both setting of Italy but also the chapters set in New Zealand, which was a nice contrast. And I really did enjoy both character's back stories, and the sensitive way their common bond was dealt with. 

It was a really enjoyable story, and as I have come to expect from this authors books I had a real taste of Italy from the story. 

Thank you to Orion and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...