Sunday 10 November 2019

Book Review - The Cornish Cream Tea Bus by Cressida McLaughlin - #HolidayReading Madeira

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Cornish Cream Tea Bus
Author: Cressida McLaughlin
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: 8th August 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

Baking fanatic, Charlie Quilter, inherits a vintage bus in her late uncle’s will and is keen to give it a new lease of life. Charlie thinks it will be the perfect mobile café for afternoon tea, so she heads to the picturesque Cornish village of Porthgolow, hoping for a new start. However, Daniel Harper, the owner of the posh spa up on the hill isn’t very pleased that her bus is parked outside his lovely hotel. Has Charlie’s Cornish dream developed a soggy bottom? Or can she convince Daniel that her bus could take them somewhere wonderful?

Make sure you have snacks by your side while you are reading this book, I failed to guess how hungry it may make me, and was rather frustrated reading it when the bar next to me had closed, so I couldn't get ice-cream and the other bar was clearly preparing a barbecue.   I definitely had food on the brain while reading the first two parts of this. 

That aside, OK, I do have a craving for a cream tea, haven't had Cornish clotted cream for yonks, this is a fabulous story, and I love all of it. 

Originally published in 4 parts, I read this lovely combined version, so was able to read it all in one go, but it felt as though each part could easily be read as a standalone,,, but why would you only want to read 25% of a great book?

I loved reading Charlie's story, discovering just how a Cornish Cream Tea bus make work.  i loved her ideas for rejuvenating picturesque Porthgolow. 

Getting to meet all the villagers, was entertaining, and young Jonah quickly earned a place in my heart. 

So many stand out moments, I adored every second of this book, 

Thank you to Harper Collins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...