Friday 8 November 2019

Book Review - The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dreams by Kellie Hailes

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Little Bakery of Hopes and Dream
Author: Kellie Hailes
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: HQ Digital
Publication Date: 8th November 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

The most magical time of the year…
Josie Donnelly spends most years pretending that Christmas doesn’t even happen! So, she hopes that the sleepy village of Sunnycombe will be the perfect place to escape the festivities…

Or so she thought! Spending time with (far too handsome) bakery owner Callan Stewart and his young daughter, Mia, makes her long for the family Christmas she’s missed out on.

Could the little bakery on the hill be her own recipe for a happy ever after this year…?

Well if there was ever a book to make you crave all your favourite festive treats then its certainly this one. I was permanently hungry while reading this delicious book, and some of the cakes sounded Bake Off worthy! 

I was hooked pretty much from the first few pages, I completely and utterly fell in love with Mia.  She is the four year old daughter of widowed bakery owner Callan and some of what she comes out with had me laughing. Literally "out of the mouth of babes" moments! 

And then there is Josie who has just moved to Sunnycombe, who has applied for the job in the bakery, and little does she know how much its about to change her life. She is wary of Christmas but Sunnycombe's traditions soon eek their way into her and may just start healing her too. 

Both Callan and Josie are broken for different reasons,  and it really is a bakery of hopes and dreams as the story progresses, I loved seeing how both of them developed as characters, and also a few of the other residents of the village. 

It is a book full of warmth and heart, that will give you a festive fuzzy feeling, and wow the finale section, was just wonderful.  Took me by surprise but really did have me believing in the magic of the season. 

I loved every second of this book, just a bit upset that I read it so quickly, that I ran out of pages. I would have loved more.  Well I console myself with the fact I still haven't quite got around to Kellie Hailes previous book, so still have another to look forward.. although one Kellie Hailes book to look forward to is never enough so I can't wait for the next release too... I really do love this author. 

Easily one of my favourite Christmas books for 2019 (and I have read many so far), this one was pure magic! 

Thank you to HQ Digital and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...