Sunday 22 March 2020

Book Review - Taken by M. A. Comley

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Taken
Author: M. A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 17th March
Rating: 5 Stars

A past that comes back to haunt you...

Jaime Connor and her family venture out for the day, only for it to end in disaster.

A chance encounter with two teenagers puts Jaime's life in mortal danger.

Why was Jaime abducted?

During the investigation, DI Kayli Bright and her partner, DS Dave Chaplin, uncover shocking revelations about Jaime's family.

Will Kayli succeed in saving Jaime from the clutches of her abductors? And will she be able to put a stop to their heinous crimes in this cat-and-mouse thriller?

I think I'm completely out of original superlatives to describe any of this authors books. She has done it again with another breathtaking story, that had me completely on the edge of my seat. 

This is only the second book in the Kayli Bright series that I have read, and it really does seem to have a different feel to the others.  I'm really enjoying discovering just what sort of DI Kayli is, and getting to know her home dynamic too. 

At no point during the story did I come up with the reason for the abductors to be doing what they did, they were continually one step ahead of me and the police,  with the exception that as a reader I was treated to occasional chapters focusing on what they were up to. 

I actually felt slightly bad for one of the bad guys, which is a rather unsettling feeling, but once you've read this you'll understand why. 

Not necessarily the smartest or most dastardly of M. A. Comley's villains, they still lead the police on a merry dance and without a doubt are dangerous. 

Simply put, a thrilling book that I was hooked on.

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...