Monday 2 March 2020

Book Review - No Judgments by Meg Cabot - #HolidayReading Mexico

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: No Judgments
Author: Meg Cabot
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Piatkus
Publication Date: 24th September 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

The storm of the century is about to hit Little Bridge Island, Florida - and it's sending waves crashing through Sabrina 'Bree' Beckham's love life...

When a massive hurricane severs all power and cell service to Little Bridge Island - as well as its connection to the mainland - twenty-five-year-old Bree Beckham isn't worried . . . at first. She's already escaped one storm - her emotionally abusive ex - so a hurricane seems like it will be a piece of cake.

But animal-loving Bree does become alarmed when she realises how many islanders have been cut off from their beloved pets. Now it's up to her to save as many of Little Bridge's cats and dogs as she can . . . but to do so, she's going to need help - help she has no choice but to accept from her boss's sexy nephew, Drew Hartwell, the Mermaid Café's most notorious heartbreaker.

But when Bree starts falling for Drew, she has to ask herself if her island fling was only a result of the stormy weather, or if it could last during clear skies too?

Now whether or not reading a book featuring a hurricane in Florida, while on holiday in Mexico, on the day my holiday which had a lot of wind and rain, was a smart idea I'm not entirely sure. 

I did start panicking that maybe what I experiencing could be calm before the storm and then I remembered it wasn't hurricane season and that the book was clearly getting under my skin!

I knew I was going to love this book from the first few pages onwards, it was easy to read, and although I'm not completely sure how much of a good idea ignoring evacuation warnings are when there is a hurricane heading towards your small island, I'm kind of glad Bree did, as it made for one fabulous story. 

At the start of each chapter there was useful advice in what to do in case of a hurricane, assorted preparedness checklists, and news broadcasts from the local weather stations, to give a sense of what was going on. And to really highlight the situation to anyone that doesn't come from a place that is has a hurricane season. 

I loved the community of Little Bridge Island and how they came together.  I found Bree and Drew passion for animals really heartening and I adored how the story develops for them. 

For a book with a storm at the centre of it, as you may expect there are storms in the characters pasts that also need to be resolved, and I loved the scene where Bree is finally able to do something about one of the factors that led to her being on the island in the first place. 

An incredibly enjoyable and fast paced story, and I'm eager to read more books set on Little Bridge Island. 

Thank you to Piakus and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...