Monday 16 January 2023

Book Review - The Chateau by Catherine Cooper - #HolidayReading Summer 2022

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: The Chateau
Author: Catherine Cooper
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: 31st August 2021
Rating: 4 Stars

They thought it was perfect. They were wrong…

A glamorous chateau

Aura and Nick don’t talk about what happened in England. They’ve bought a chateau in France to make a fresh start, and their kids need them to stay together – whatever it costs.

A couple on the brink

The expat community is welcoming, but when a neighbour is murdered at a lavish party, Aura and Nick don’t know who to trust.

A secret that is bound to come out…

Someone knows exactly why they really came to the chateau. And someone is going to give them what they deserve.

I honestly thought shortly before the finale section that I had predicted things correctly, only to discover once again that I was partially right with part of one outcome but absolutely nothing else. 

I love it when that happens I love being shocked, or surprised at how a thriller plays out. 

I also loved so much of the descriptions, even if the main characters grated on me a lot. I just couldn't fully take to them, but still cared about them and was interested to see just how everything would unfold. 

I really loved the descriptions of Thea's parties, both of them, so so different but equally fun sounding 

The Chateau itself certainly has a starring role in the book, but possibly for me the most gripping and interesting section for me was part two and what had happened to cause Aura and Nick to move to France.  That had me hooked. 

It's another really good book from Catherine Cooper, and I'll be curious to see what she comes up with next. 

Thank you to HarperCollins and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...