Monday 9 January 2023

Book Review - Never Gonna Happen by Heidi Stephens - #HolidayReading Summer 2022

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Never Gonna Happen
Author: Heidi Stephens
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Headline Accent
Publication Date: 26th May 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

EMILY HAS SWORN OFF LOVE.
BUT MAYBE IT'S TIME TO GET BACK IN THE SADDLE . . . ?
__________________________

Emily Wilkinson has lost everything. Literally. In a hair-straightener fire. Oh, and her boyfriend (and boss) has announced he's going back to his wife. So, she needs a new job, a new plan, and somewhere to live that isn't her childhood bedroom.

Charles Hunter is looking for a live-in PA to help run Bowford Manor and Emily thinks she's the perfect fit. Well, she's spent ten years propping up demanding men, so she can definitely handle some tricky characters - like Charles's eldest son and heir, who's got plans for the estate that might raise a few eyebrows.

No one's mentioned Jamie though. The stable hand - and youngest Hunter. Dashing, of course, but totally unsuitable. And Emily's not about to make that mistake again.

Definitely not. No, really.

A hugely uplifting and totally irresistible romantic comedy that will make you snort with laughter. If you love Sophie Kinsella, Mhairi McFarlane and Sophie Ranald, you don't want to miss this unforgettable page-turner.

Light hearted escapism that had me completely invested in the characters, to the extent they keep appearing in my head while I'm reading my next book!

Emily goes to work for Mr Hunter who she gets on with, and comes across his sons.  One of which is a rude obnoxious twat, and the other who is down to earth, horse mad and utterly perfect for Emily. 

Adam makes me want to throw something every time he appears on page, whereas Jamie mad me want to jump between the pages of the book to become Emily, 

I really enjoyed all aspects of this, especially seeing how Emily and her family to a lesser extent, adjust to the world Emily finds herself in, where helicopters are mentioned as a form of transport, far more often you would imagine. 

I loved how despite their different upbringings, they had a lot of common ground and I was rooting for them. 

I also enjoyed meeting the others that worked for Mr Hunter, and in the case of Anna, trying to discover why she was acting the way she did. 

This is my first book by this author and i will definitely keep my eyes open more. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Thank you to Headline Accent and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...