Wednesday 8 August 2018

Book Review - Here Comes The Best Man by Angela Britnell

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Here Comes The Best Man
Author: Angela Britnell
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Choc Lit
Publication Date: 10th July 2018
Rating: 4 Stars


Being the best man is a lot to live up to …
When troubled army veteran and musician Josh Robertson returns home to Nashville to be the best man at his younger brother Chad’s wedding he’s just sure that he’s going to mess it all up somehow. 

But when it becomes clear that the wedding might not be going to plan, it’s up to Josh and fellow guest Louise Giles to make sure that Chad and his wife-to-be Maggie get their perfect day. 

Can Josh be the best man his brother needs? And is there somebody else who is beginning to realise that Josh could be her ‘best man’ too?

I'd forgotten how much I love a book that features a good American southern man, with manners, calls people Ma'am and felt like a cowboy without being a cowboy.  It has been ages since I read a book with that sort of leading man, and I am so glad I now remember just how much I enjoy them! 

Josh is wonderful, he is reluctant to even be at this brother's wedding to start with, let alone be the best man in a week of wedding festivities, until he meets Louise. 

Louise is Maggie (the bride's ) godmother's assistant and as a result is an invited guest of the wedding, and she is determined not to fall for anyone, let alone the black sheep of the family. 

I loved both Louise and Josh and all their various interactions.  They both have quite a bit of depth to them, and although this is reasonably short book there is a good amount packed into it. 

This is a direct sequel to The Weeding Reject Table which I read a few years ago, but as the focus of this book is not the same main characters, I can say it definitely works as a standalone. Although I couldn't remember specifics from the first book, there were enough prompts / hints at what happened that you can get a good idea of what the key bits from the first story may have been - although I would recommend reading it too. 

There are great interfering manipulative relatives, much humour, some fabulous chemistry and did I mention how much I fancied Josh for myself?   

An incredibly enjoyable novella from an author I always tend to enjoy reading that will delight many I think. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Choc Lit for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review, Rachel and for all you've done to make many readers fall in love with Josh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...