Saturday 30 November 2019

Book Review - I'll Be Home For Christmas by Abbey Clancy

Amazon UK
The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Title: I'll Be Home For Christmas
Author: Abbey Clancy
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Publication Date: 19th September 2019
Rating: 3 Stars

All she wants for Christmas…

Popstar Jessika Malone can’t believe her luck! Not only has she signed a major record deal and is topping the charts with her latest single, she’s just been offered the chance of a lifetime: a tour with gorgeous megastar Cooper Black…

It’s everything she’s ever dreamed of – except that it means travelling thousands of miles from her boyfriend, Daniel, just when he’s finally got down on one knee and popped the question!

Far from home and followed by the paparazzi, her relationship is tested more than Jessika ever imagined – will she make it home for Christmas before it’s too late?

I recall reading Abbey Clancy's first book around 3 years ago and really enjoying it, so when I spotted this one on Netgalley, and with Christmas in the title too, I knew I had to read it.   What I didn't realise, in part because I can't retain book details for 3 years when I read as many as I do in a year,  was that this is actually a sequel to Remember My Name, and in fact seems to be set not too long after the previous one finished. 

It was after the first 20% where odd bits sounded like something I'd read before where I finally re-checked the first books blurb and twigged, at which point I stopped feeling like I was going mad and was able to settle into the swing of the story.   That being said, still wondering why on earth Christmas is in the title, as it barely features at all.  This is not what I'd call a festive story at all which is ultimately disappointing given my love of them at this time of year. 

Once I got back into the swing of things I did enjoy the story,  although maybe its just because I'm a bit older now but at times Jessy really did get on my nerves.   

I enjoyed the writing style, there were moments that made me smile, the small amounts of sex were fabulous, but it was the storyline between JB and Neale that really made the book for me.  I loved both of these characters so so much, and seeing how great a friend Neale was to Jessy, and  omg that scene in the hot tub... that definitely was a standout! 

At times I was a bit unsure whether Jessy and Daniel would ever see a HEA or not, which at least kept me on my toes.  

Light hearted, entertaining novel and I suspect even though this didn't quite hit all the right spots for me I'd still be happy to read more from the author, just hope its not such a gap between releases! 

Thank you to Mills and Boon and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...