Friday 13 December 2019

Book Review - Christmas at the Chateau by Lorraine Wilson

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: Christmas at the Chateau
Author: Lorraine Wilson
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: One More Chapter
Publication Date: 1st December 2019
Rating: 5 Stars

A Christmas she’ll remember forever…
Poppy is looking forward to spending her first Christmas in France at her boyfriend, Leo’s, Château. And as the snow falls softly around the dramatic castle, Poppy can’t think of anything more magical.

There are new traditions to discover, a cosy Christmas market to explore and best of all, a promise of secret treasure hunt from gorgeous Leo. Only family pressure and uncertainty about her future in France can threaten to cast a shadow over the holiday.

When the treasure hunt takes an unexpected turn Poppy knows for sure this is one Christmas she’ll remember forever.

What a sweet and romantic little story this was, and its a perfect follow up to Poppy's Place in the Sun. 

It was great to be back in France with Poppy and her trio of adorable dogs, and Leo and his Chateau.  Although I couldn't fully remember everything from the original story, bits started to come back to me as I read this, and equally I do think this would work well as a cute standalone festive short story. 

It's romantic, its got animals, it has a treasure hunt, and I loved the emails that Poppy was receiving from her best friend and mother back in the UK.  

I'd say this would be good to read in a lunch break (well if you have an hour to spare), its quick, easy, romantic and just very enjoyable and has left me with a smile on my face. 

Once again Lorraine Wilson has written a book that I have just loved, and I do think the length was pretty spot on, which is hard to do with a short story or novella. 

Thank you to One More Chapter on Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...