Monday 11 May 2020

Book Review - The Gift of Cockleberry Bay by Nicola May

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Gift of Cockleberry Bay
Author: Nicola May
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 2nd April 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

All of our favourite characters from Cockleberry Bay are back in this final, heart warming story in the series. Including Hot, Rosa Smith's adorable dachshund and his new-born puppies.

Now successfully running the Cockleberry Café and wishing to start a family herself, Rosa feels the time is right to let her inherited Corner Shop go. However, her benefactor left one important legal proviso: that the shop cannot be sold, only passed on to somebody who really deserves it.

Rosa is torn. How can she make such a huge decision? And will it be the right one? Once the news gets out and goes public, untrustworthy newcomers appear in the Bay . . . their motives uncertain. With the revelation of more secrets from Rosa's family heritage, a new journey of unpredictable and life-changing events begins to unfold.

The Gift of Cockleberry Bay concludes this phenomenally successful series in typically brisk and bolshy style and will delight the many thousands of Rosa's fans.

How wonderful it was to be back in Cockleberry Bay with all my favourite characters. Although I'm sad that this is the last instalment in this trilogy, equally this is a perfect last book for the series. 

All loose ends are wrapped up, in a book that starts with high drama that I couldn't tear my eyes away from, assorted secrets and at times I wasn't even completely sure who would be gifted the shop in the end, although I'm ecstatic with the decision Rosa made. 

I recall when I started the second book, I just couldn't quite connect with it instantly, so i was nervous going into this one, worried that I'd not remember the characters or just feel not quite right with it. Thankfully I had no such qualms this time, I jumped straight into the action and read the whole book far too fast. 

I just couldn't get enough of it, and there are so many story lines, deeper issues, funny moments, and heart warming moments, that had me on the edge of my seat and kept me reading continually. 

If you haven't read anything from this series yet, well I'm sure this could be read as a standalone but honestly go back and read from the first one, all three books are incredibly strong, and just really impressive. 

I loved the way Rosa decides to work out who to gift the shop to, it's inspired! And then there are the new puppies who are adorable and i loved their names, not to mention Hot the Dog is back, I love that little sausage dog! 

This really is everything I could have hoped for in a book, written in an engaging way that had me hooked, and well I don't want to spoil anything about the details for you, rest assured if the blurb and this review has even slightly piqued your interest, then you really should read it.  It's that great. 

I loved every single word of this book, it took me on a bit of a roller coaster of ups and downs, not just for Rosa but other recurring characters,  and I am gutted that I have to now say goodbye to the residents of Cockleberry Bay. 

I'm now waiting impatiently already to see what Nicola May will write next as I know I will be wanting to read it! 

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...