Tuesday 2 June 2020

Book Review - The Summer of Falling in Love by Liz Davies

The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.
Amazon UK
Title: The Summer of Falling In Love
Author: Liz Davies
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author Supplied copy
Publisher: Self published
Publication Date: 7th May 2020
Rating: 5 Stars

A heartwarming romance for dog-lovers everywhere.

The thought of having a dog hasn’t crossed Theo Martin’s mind. It’s not that he doesn’t like dogs – he does – but the idea has simply never occurred to him.

It has occurred to his mother, though. When she decides to buy him a puppy because she thinks it will “liven him up a bit”, his life is turned completely upside down, and not for the better as far as he’s concerned. But when he discovers that having a cute dog on the end of a lead attracts a great deal of female attention, he soon changes his mind. All kinds of women stop to pet the pup and while they coo over Poppy, they talk to him. A lot. And for Theo, it looks like his love life is taking a very welcome turn for the better.

But what about Josie Wilde, his dog sitter?

Forced to employ someone to walk his dog when he’s in work, he finds himself increasingly attracted to her, but unfortunately Josie’s interest in him appears to be purely professional. As the summer unfolds and he falls head over heels in love with the sweet and vulnerable pup, he finds himself falling for Josie, too.

For Theo, it’s not so much ‘love me, love my dog’, but more like ‘love my dog, love me, too’. Please…

I think I'm in love...

...with Poppy..

...she is adorable, looks a bit like a teddy bear, and is just a bundle of fluff ...

...and I'm not the only one that feels like this, anyone that comes into contact with Poppy feels that way, apart from perhaps Theo initially. 

For his parents decide Theo is in a rut, and thus without warning buy him a dog, bring her over, along with food, toys, treats, and all the other doggy paraphernalia, put Poppy into Theo's arms and leave. 

Theo who is a teacher about to break up for the summer holidays, but still with one week of school, has never considered having a pet, and is determined to rehome Poppy but in the mean time,  he does want the little pup to be settled with him for the short term, and realises he needs a solution for when he's at work. 

Enter Josie, the dog carer, dog sitter, dog walker - all around big time canine lover, and suddenly Theo finds himself attracted to someone! 

What I adored seeing was Theo's feelings develop into love - whether for woman or dog I'll leave you to find out, but it was a joy to see. 

This for me was a really quick read, I read it one sitting in about around 4 and a half hours, a few email distractions in between, but I was continually eager to get my head back onto the kindle. I was hooked and just wanted to reach into my kindle, pick up Poppy and give her a great big cuddle.

Yet again Liz Davies has written a purely enjoyable book that I loved reading from cover to cover.  

...Now where can I find a Poppy for myself?

Thank you to the author for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...