Monday 13 December 2021

Viva España!! I'm off to Tenerife! Merry Christmas!

Let's start by wishing everyone that is reading this a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I greatly appreciate everyone that reads this blog whether its only once, or a tad more regularly. I would love to thank the authors and publishers that trust my to review their books, and especially Netgalley which has been my main book source for many years! 

Unless there are any new rule changes from the UK or Spanish governments in the next 14 hours or so, which would be coming in immediately - I am off to Tenerife in the morning to spend Christmas in hopefully the sun, or at least warmer weather than here. 

I can't wait and I should be able to spend some of the festive period with my sister who lives out there, when she isn't working. 

So I'm going to be staying in this absolutely gorgeous looking hotel, and for those of you that are Facebook Friends with me, (and possibly those on twitter depending where I remember), I will be posting pic during the holiday (after all how else do I prove to my mum that I'm still alive otherwise), so feel free to take a look and hopefully there will be sunny vibes coming off the screen to warm you all up! 


This should be a relatively relaxing holiday, I will be reading, sunbathing, sleeping, hopefully finding good food to eat and spending some time with my sister although fairly sure that will be doubling up with eating... and hopefully watching some evening entertainment. 

I have no plans for excursions I've been to Tenerife plenty of times in the past, and frankly just want a fortnight of no work, no thinking, no real energy expenditure just relaxation and remember what it is like to be somewhere that isn't where you live! 

Ah to have time to hopefully make a dent in my 81 strong Netgalley shelf. But would you believe I've had the following running on a loop for the past few days in my head...

Which book should I start my holiday with? How should I pick books this holiday? Will I ever get to those books I've had on my kindle since 2019? Should I focus on just reading my favourite authors? Will I just opt for books that I know should be quick to read? Should I make sure to read the books, I have copies of in paperback which mum wants to read, but I won't give her until I've read my copy? Or perhaps I should make sure to read those books that I am touring with ahead of their tours? And other thoughts along those lines - which are all pretty standard thoughts for me ahead of a holiday!  And if anyone has the answers to any of those questions I'd love to know! 

So before I share what is on my Netgalley shelf and thus on my radar to be read this holiday, I would just like to apologise to all the authors and publishers that are about to show that had books out this year and last year that I haven't got to yet... I get there eventually, just checked my pre-Christmas holiday post from 2019 and only 1 of those books remains unread... so I do get there eventually!! 

And like in that post just referenced, decided to do my end of year / pre holiday / what's on the bulk of my TBR separated by publishers, in the hopes that when I inevitable come over all indecisive on what to read next, that either the comments from you lovely people with suggestions will help, or I'll try to even out how many outstanding I have with each publisher, as that may be a fair way of doing things. 

Anyways, take a look at all these fabulous looking books and let me know what you have enjoyed? What you would like to see reviews of? What of the books not out yet that you may be looking forward to yourself?

And above all no matter what you are doing over the Christmas holiday season, make it a good one if at all possible. 














Currently my next post is on 3rd January but I may between returning home and then do a couple of posts depending on whether I remember or not!  So Happy New Year too! 

Having just sorted those I have to say I'm impressed to see how many publishers I am requesting books from, I keep thinking it's the same few but I am reading across many! 

And how many books do you think I'll read on this holiday.. place your guesses now! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many books Rachel. I have read The House on Firefly Beach and Stranded and enjoyed both of them. Have a fabulous holiday. All good wishes for a great Christmas and a successful 2022 x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...