Wednesday 2 March 2022

Book Review - Spring Blooms at the Hummingbird Hotel by Daisy James

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Spring Blooms at the Hummingbird Hotel
Author: Daisy James
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 27th January 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

Welcome to the Hummingbird Hotel!

When Corfu’s newest hotelier Abbie Coleman is asked to host a Bakes & Beaches retreat for a group of Bake Off enthusiasts from a regional TV and radio station, she knows she needs as much help as she can get. Baking is not her forte, and with cupcakes, traybakes, pastries and showstoppers to co-ordinate – along with a whole host of terrifyingly high-octane water sports – she’s worried that her guests’ culinary creations will be more ‘curdled catastrophes’ than ‘tasty triumphs’. For any successful enterprise, preparation is key, so, along with her new assistant manager and all-round astrological guru Felix Morgan, Abbie sets about preparing a long and detailed To Do list.

But this is the Hummingbird Hotel, and the words ‘straightforward’ and ‘drama-free’ do not feature on the menu. So, when the salted caramel cupcakes are heavier on the salt than the caramel, and a guest’s expensive watch takes an unscheduled dip in the pool, Abbie must once again join forces with chef-turned-vineyard owner – and now fiancé – Nikos Angelopoulos, to unravel the mystery and maintain the hotel’s reputation for delivering beautiful bakes instead of mayhem and mistakes.

Can she turn burnt buns into sumptuous soufflés? Or will her future on Corfu be over before it’s begun?

It was so good to be able to return to the Hummingbird Hotel. 

I should start by saying that although I had read the first book in the series, I then haven't read 2 and 3, so this as book 4,I can safely say can be read as a standalone. Or at least don't be worried if you haven't read the entire series to date, although I'm sure I've missed out on other great books. 

How I loved being back in Corfu and amongst familiar faces, as we see Abbie host a Bakes and Beaches retreat for a group of TV people.  Of course as I've come to expect there is a slight mystery occurring, with some sabotage afoot as well. 

I enjoyed getting to know the people on the retreat, as well as seeing Abbie attempting to bake! 

I was just hooked on everything to do with the book, the gorgeous food, which is a Daisy James trademark, in addition to a glorious location, again something I've come to expect from her books, there is a nod to one of her others series too, which I was also really happy to spot.   

This is just really enjoyable light hearted escapism and caught my rapidly waning attention span, far more than any other book I've read in the past couple of weeks! It was just what I needed! 

Thank you to Daisy James for this copy which i have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. A huge thank you for your wonderful review, Rachel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your return visit to the Hummingbird Hotel, Love Daisy xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...