Saturday 14 May 2022

Book Review - Six Graves by Angela Marsons

 The Amazon Purchase link below is an Amazon Affiliate link.

Amazon UK

Title: Six Graves
Author: Angela Marsons
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: 12th May 2022
Rating: 5 Stars

It’s a typical teenage bedroom with posters covering the walls and clothes littering the floor. But the girl lying on her bed, wearing a delicate chain around her neck, is lifeless. A circle of red stains her white vest top. How had the girl’s mother looked down at her sleeping child and pulled the trigger?

When Detective Kim Stone rushes to the scene of a house fire, she’s shocked to discover it’s claimed the lives of two teenage children and their parents. But this tragedy is not quite as it seems. Each body is marked by a gunshot wound and the mother, Helen Daynes, is holding the gun.

The case sparks painful childhood memories for Kim who suffered at the hands of her own abusive mother, but it just makes her more determined to uncover the truth. As Kim untangles Helen’s past, she finds a history of clinical depression. But did it drive Helen to murder her loved ones?

Then Kim uncovers a tiny, vital clue in Helen’s bedroom that throws the investigation wide open. Could someone else have killed the Daynes family?

Just as Kim feels she’s making progress, a deadly threat is made to her own life by a dangerous psychopath from her past. Biting back her fear, she keeps digging. And when Kim hits upon a shocking secret that changes everything she thought she knew about Helen, she realises that the remaining family members are in grave danger.

Kim is under pressure like never before, and the monster circling her is getting ever closer. Four bodies already. Four graves fresh in the ground. Who will be next? Can Kim find the killer and save herself before it’s too late?

An absolutely nail-biting mystery thriller that will have you gasping out loud. You won’t come up for air until you’ve reached the breathtaking final twist. Fans of Karin Slaughter, Mark Billingham and Robert Dugoni will love Six Graves.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Angela Marsons what on earth have you done to me?!

You have put me through the wringer about a million times with this book! 
You have complete messed with my head right from that phenomenal prologue! 
And have proven once more that if you weren't an author that you potentially would be rather dangerous, given the dark and twisted ideas you come out with. 

If I thought the previous books were the best yet, then I'm completely out of words to describe this one. 

Just OMG! Wow! Speechless! How man I meant to review this?!

I mean every single thing I want to comment on would be a spoiler! And I just can't believe the well executed way you have made my mind turn, left right and centre, undecided on how to predict what may happen. 

And all of that before we focus on the case that is at the centre of book which was also fascinating, and good to see how the team was working to solve that. 

But wowsers, long term fans of this series like I am, are going to be completely and utterly unable to put this down right from that prologue! It just shows you always need to read a prologue or you are missing out! This is dark, it's cruel, it messes with readers minds, and I honestly wasn't quite believing what I was reading. 

How much more can you honestly put these characters through?! This is utterly nuts in a good way, and once again cements what I've know for ages that is hands down one of the best crime thriller series around.   

It has made me see Kim Stone in yet another new light, and just wow! 

There aren't enough words in the world to describe how utterly amazing this book and this series is.  It had me on tenterhooks, and I am so glad I left it to read for a day where I could spare i the time it so richly deserved. 

More please!! Well once I've recovered from this one!! 

Thank you to Bookouture and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...